A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

why the 1.8T is so de-tuned to give only 150 hp

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-1999, 06:45 AM

Default Key is good shop . . .

Not many around IMO. I have seen some bad stuff and unscrupulous practices.<p>I took an used Infinity M30 Conv. a few years ago to shop which pretty much worked exclusive on MB, BMW, Porsche, RR and exotic cars. I had previously taken my NSX for repairs and an older 911 to be repainted there. Their work was impeccable.<p>Their work on the cheaper M30 was a disaster. The paint did not match, the hood seems were out of alignment, the put tape pin stripe on the front fender when the remaining pins stripe on the car was paint and etc. They did not even to bother test driving the vehicle as the car pulled horribly and veered about 110 degrees hands-off. I freaked. After much BS, they realigned the hood, resanded and repainted the car.<p>A detailer for this company also ran a lawn service that I use. He remembered my car and specifically told me that lower value vehicles do not get the attention or expertise that higher valued vehicles get at this shop. The reasoning, people who pay $ 100K for a car are more "picky" and thus more likely to complain than someone who paid $ 30K for a car.
Old 03-11-1999, 07:08 AM

Default Burden on insured not insurer to establish UM coverage

Generally uninsured motorists statutes place the burden on the insured to show that the damage was caused by an uninsured motorists. The insured may further have to show they were not negligent in determining the identity of the other vehicle or its operator. There was contact so this is an easier case. Where no contact, usually need a wtiness that was not in the insured's car.<p>Who is to say someone would not run into a car, drive-off, and later claim they were in fact the victim of a hit-and-run.
Old 03-11-1999, 09:10 AM
Matt

Default Re: Key is good shop . . .

Usually those with the lower line cars within a certain "luxory" make are a bigger pain in the *** than those with the top of the line models. Follow my logic: Usually those with the S class mercs., 7 series benzes, and audi 8's just want thier car fixed so they can drive it again and get back to business. Those with the C220's, 318ti's, A4's (no offense) are driving the car just to say they own a "expensive make" car. They usually try and act something special and have the attitude that they must be treated like gold. The typical person described above will call and bug my estimators every day, come out every other day and take pictures. Just let me fix you damn car. It IS just a car, remember. I make more money fixing a 99 Explorer (better parts margin) than a 99 audi A4 with less hassle from the customer.
Old 03-11-1999, 09:13 AM
Matt

Default Re: Burden on insured not insurer to establish UM coverage

Call your agent and ask. I see it happen every day. You know damn well the person ran into something, but is claiming hit and run in a parking lot or something to save on his'her insurance. Personally, I don't car. It's thier ethics, not mine. We just fix the car.
Old 03-11-1999, 10:12 AM
Remind me to never go to your shop.

Default You say, A4 owners are pain in the *** and drive A4s to "try and act special"???

Most of the S classes , 8 Series, and etc. are leased. Why worry about a bit of overspray on a leased vehicle?<p>After all, it is all about money. I would hope to find a shop that was interested in doing good work regardless of the make and model or the profit margin.