A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Why? Tell me why Audi dealerships are unable to provide consistant customer service?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2001, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why? Tell me why Audi dealerships are unable to provide consistant customer service?

The Houston, TX area Audi dealerships are very hit or miss when it comes to service. You can have a great experience one time - and then they can really blow it the next.

Yesterday - the service team failed to follow a simple request at my local dealership.

With Volkswagen/Audi trying to move upmarket - they really need to focus on their customer service.

They also need to seriously meet or beat the current offerings at Lexus as far as service goes (loaner cars, etc.)..

Hey Marketing guys at Audi -- are you listening here?
Old 06-05-2001, 08:49 AM

If you want AoA to read this you need to have "chip" or "modified" in the subject
Old 06-05-2001, 08:53 AM

Default It seems to me that

there are a lot of individual personalities running around the service areas at Audi and most other car dealerships. Rarely does it smell like "Team spirit" when one of these guys asks me if he/she can help me. I've had the experience of great attention and prompt service one day and then being totally blown-off a few weeks later. It seems related to how busy they are that day and whether or not they can fit you into their service schedule on that particular visit. If they can't I get the impression they want me to disappear until things lighten up. Audi has a long way to go before it can meet the overall quality of service at Lexus or Mercedes. Perhaps 3-5 years if a serious effort gets under way last week. I wouldn't hold my breath.....
Old 06-05-2001, 08:58 AM
Elder Member

or just mention "NASA racer" from the S4 forum....they shudder when his name is brought up =)
Old 06-05-2001, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default AoA doesn't seem to be taking a long view of this

Currently, they have no real reason to push for improvement. They're selling at a record rate. The flip side is that a great product will only take a company so far, particularly when there is some real competition out there for it (3 series, X-Type, WRX, IS300, etc.).

If Audi wants to continue to grow they need to make a concerted effort to consistently provide customers the highest level of service, including loaner cars as a company policy.

Of course I've been saying this for 3 years now. Fortunately, I've been one of the lucky ones, having good sales and service experiences at dealerships.
Old 06-05-2001, 09:10 AM

Buy the cheapest audi expect the cheapest service . . .
Old 06-05-2001, 10:05 AM

that is BS. Audis are NOT cheap..and that TT,S4 etc is serviced the same way/place as any other..
Old 06-05-2001, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

You, sir, are an idiot. Which car you buy has nothing to do with the service you recieve.
Old 06-05-2001, 10:25 AM
seb

Barrier Audi in Bellevue is just as BAD (lousy Seattle Audi dealers!!!) (nt)
Old 06-05-2001, 10:54 AM

Default All I can say is I got better service with my Saturn.

So I figure that Audi's are cheaper than BMW's and Lexi so Audi cuts the corners on Service. I mean you got to cut costs somewhere.

But it was realy not meant to be taken seriously.

Quick Reply: Why? Tell me why Audi dealerships are unable to provide consistant customer service?