A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

WOAH!................

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2000, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOAH!................

i was on my way home last night after work, i was on a 3 lane road with the right lane bieng a turn lane for the freeway then continuing on . well i was making the right after the exit so i got into the middle lane and was driving next to this old lady in an 80s'ish accord on my right, then a mercedes comes up on my left, and 20 sec later as traffic slowed in the right lane because people were entering the freeway.(turning traffic is close to curb, leaving mabye half of the lane as they wait to turn)the accord starts slowing like she is going to turn, then this lady starts coming into my lane! no signal no brakes or looking just moves over. not completely though, she was more straddiling the line, using what was left of her lane and some of mine....so i lay on the horn to let her know im here. and she looks left at me and stares like i am at fault.... meanwhile still entering my lane! now im mopving over so she doesent hit me, as i look over i see the lady in the benz ****ting her pants! (not really). then just as it cant get any closer we pass the exit, her lane opens up amd she moves into her lane and i wave at the lady in the benz to say sorry, the accord turns. and my heart starts to come down from 200bpm ahhhh....
my baby is safe, thank god
the moral of the story is..............

it is almost always another person who makes a mistake, good drivers expect the worst

now i am a pretty defensive driver most of the time but i guess we all let our guard down once in a while

ps sorry about mess
had to vent in a real hurry
Old 09-07-2000, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default When there are old people around, you have to expect upredictable road behavior. >>>>

It's not intentionally bad driving. It's just their senses, reflexes and brains aren't up to coping w/ the dynamics of the multi-lane highway.

You showed good restraint in dealing with the situation. Sometimes overtaxing old brains even more (with fast manoeuvres, excessive horn use) can cause them to lose it completely.

When I get to that point, I plan to banish myself to the back roads. Actually, some days I chose the back roads for fun anyway, so it won't be all bad.
Old 09-07-2000, 11:36 AM

Lets not forget the blinkers
Old 09-07-2000, 12:48 PM

Give old people plenty slack (and room!)