A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Yeah!! Finally joining the ranks of Audi owners! Unusual Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-1999, 11:22 AM
Gen

Default Yeah!! Finally joining the ranks of Audi owners! Unusual Questions...

have a cat who also lives in garage at night. Already scuffed hood by sliding down AAAggghhh! Heard you can wax/buff out fairly easily but what to do to prevent from happening again?? Any ideas other than get rid of felines??! (seriously) Also anyone know if nylon backing on a pad to protect leather under child car seat will work? Btw: Car really is a dream! vocano 2.8QMS wow, can she go! Car ordered Jan 13 received May 3rd.<br>
Old 05-04-1999, 11:28 AM
Andy Hedin

Default Scat Matt....

Saw something in a mail-order catalog called the "Scatt Matt" (or something like that) which is supposed to be used to keep pets off of your couch but would probably also work if placed on the hood of your car. I think you plug this thing into an electrical outlet and it gives the animal a very small shock if they jump up on it.<p>Andy Hedin
Old 05-04-1999, 11:32 AM
jee

Default My German Shepherd used to jump onto my door trying to lick me when I got home...

and came off it scratching the whole door. Loved him too much to get rid of him. Just trained him to not do it anymore. Sometimes, though, he still couldn't resist only cause I guess I tempted him.<br>My suggestion: 1) invest in a good polish (3M Imperial Hand Glaze). 2) train the cat 3) find a new place for him to stay 4) get one of those cheap flannel hotel blankets, fold it up and lay it on the seat (you'll go through alot of these). Ultimate solution: replace the cat and get a dog and start living with scratches on the door!
Old 05-04-1999, 11:35 AM
Gen

Default Re: Scat Matt....

Thanks, I'll see what I can find - of course, she likes being on the roof, the hood, so I may just have to break down and buy a cover - I just hate having to do that in a garage - especially as I have a 9 mo. old to get in and out of the car as well. But she'll learn from an early age to appreciate good engineering Still a VW owner, 9 yr Wolfsberg Jetta as well as this beauty.
Old 05-04-1999, 11:38 AM
Gen

Ha ha! Blankets slide...tried it! Cat's untrainable (stupid!) but loveable
Old 05-04-1999, 11:40 AM
Gen

Default Oh, duh, blanket for the car seat...(cat takes after owner?)

.<br>
Old 05-04-1999, 12:28 PM
n/a

Default Re: Yeah!! Finally joining the ranks of Audi owners! Unusual Questions...

try using a big heavy towel for the child seat. that is what i did and it <br>does not slip.<br>
Old 05-04-1999, 01:12 PM
Evil non-cat lover

Declaw??
Old 05-04-1999, 04:21 PM
Steve K.

Default Scat Matt....info..

I'm not sure the scat mat works well...why? Well a bit of a story.<p>R.C Steel, a pet supply mail order house is located in the Rochester NY area. When visiting my inlaws I stoped by to pick up some pet supplies and look around.<p>They have a reduced section, open box, returns, and the like. Anyways there were probably 30 scat mats in a big pile, all highly discounted and marked as customer returns. <p>My guess was that people buy them, find they don't work, and return them. Never tried one though..just a thought.
Old 05-04-1999, 05:48 PM
Gen

Hmmm...does car cover inside garage sound a bit silly? cats also make litter footprints (even w/no-track litter)..nt

Quick Reply: Yeah!! Finally joining the ranks of Audi owners! Unusual Questions...