A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Zaino Bros. products, my experience......................................

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-1999, 04:34 AM
Al Pollack

Default Zaino Bros. products, my experience......................................

Being the weather was good this weekend (NY), I decided to get my A4 ready for the winter. One more good detail before the cold weather sets in. These are the steps i followed.

I washed the car with a little Dawn dish detergent (mild) to strip off all waxes. I then clayed the car completely. I soak a terry cloth towel in a heavy concentration of water and Sonax wash. I then let the water run off the towel while i clay. You end up having lubrication all the time. After claying, i found the paint's appearance to look very bright, but, very harsh looking. Zaino makes a "polish lok", but, i used Meguiars clear coat prep/swirl reducer instead. I wax front to back, but, i rubbed the Meguiars in a diagonal fashion (to fill in the minor scratches). The Meguiars prep seems to soften the look of the paint and removes most of the scratches. After removing the product, you MUST use a slightly damp towel and wipe off the excess oil. Then buff out with a dry towel. Then, i tried the Zaino Bros. clearcoat polish. I put an ultra thin layer on-goes on/off very easy. Incredible - totally incredible. It makes the color of the paint pop out like i've never seen before. The finish seems to be harder than a wax. There is no clouding or oily feel. I waited 24 hours and applied another coat. Simply f&^%%g incredible. We'll see how it gets through the winter. As i always say, you have to do your homework/prep work. If you leave the surface dirty/cloudy/don't remove swirl marks, that's exactly what you'll have after you polish/wax. Do the details. If you've ever wanted to try something a little different, give the Zaino Bros. products a try. I do all my stuff in my garage, so your results may vary.

Al
99.5 1.8tqtsc
Old 11-01-1999, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the post!

What color is your car?
Old 11-01-1999, 09:50 AM
Al Pollack

Hibiscus Red - Is there any other color??
Old 11-01-1999, 10:10 AM
HJB

The police don't think so...