A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

zymol creame wax shopping?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-1999, 08:17 PM
Noel R

Default zymol creame wax shopping?

I'm thinking of trying zymol creame wax. Does anyone know of an internet mailorder place which is cheaper than buying from zymol?<p>Also is this wax hard to use? I've been zymol polishing liquid in the past. this is all I ever used. Now it seem that this was a type of 'cleaner' wax. ooops. It did feel super silky so I though that it was wax. So, I've never really used wax that comes in a jar. Hmmmm...<p>Noel R<br>99.5 Silver
Old 06-01-1999, 09:11 PM
ErikR

Default Re: zymol creame wax shopping?

The vendor list has a company that is pretty cheap: Nuwab? (I'll butcher it). Anyways, I ended up using the SUV stuff (Platium) because it had more carnuba in it.<p>WARNING: What follows is entirely personal experience on a Brilliant Black A4. Your experience will vary. Don't flame me if I don't mention your favorite wax.<p>It is pretty hard to apply well, I still put it on too thick occasionally. One can lasts for dozens of applications (15 on 1/2 a can). <p>The wax is a mixed bag: looks great, doesn't attract dust like the silicone junk, beads perfectly, lasts about 3 weeks. Yep, 3 wks. Brilliant is a bugger, if you have a silver car it will appear to work for months.
Old 06-01-1999, 10:23 PM
Terry

Default Hard to use

I have a black A4 and found Zymol Carbon very difficult to use. It was easy to apply, but very difficult to take off. Black is particularly difficult since any smear shows up easily. And Zymol has a tendency to smear.<p>I've been using One Grand Blitz Wax which I really like. You can get that through http://www.carcaronline.com.<p>I just bought some Pinnacle Souveran Wax from http://www.autopia-carcare.com. I'll give it a try soon. It's suppose to be like Zymol except that it is easier to take off. The owner of this WWW store is a delight to buy stuff from.