A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

"AoA let-down" or "What you can expect when you get service out of warranty"

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default "AoA let-down" or "What you can expect when you get service out of warranty"

Mother-in-Laws A6 Avant is glitchy, I admit it. It needs the occasional part, but we have a decent relationship with the local dealer. I felt the dealer was the place for her to get a trans controller switch installed because the car was barely driveable enough to get it to a Bosch Center. (limp mode, 2nd only) The other thing is that the controller is burried on top of the trans and if it went bad AoA would cover the labour for a year. Well, it was'nt a year, more like a month and pop-it goes. Dealer is fixing it after a few days, but Mom is getting stuck with a towing bill and the loss of her car for at least a week due to Audi's bad part! A $575 repair is now $650 minus the car for a week! My service writer said he asked AoA for refund of the towing, but NOPE! Should I call AoA, if so who? This sucks, TOTALLY Audi's fault and the customer pays and suffers. After warranty work SUCKS.
Old 12-20-2002, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would say yes, call.

Had a similar situation with VW (but I admit it wasn't as severe and didn't require any towing). I called them directly and they picked up the tab. But I am a firm believer in companies standing behind their product, especially if there is a repeat problem like your Mother's A6 is suffering from.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would expect that but I certainly wouldn't accept it. Keep on plugging.

(as in: 2. Informal. To work doggedly and persistently.)
Old 12-20-2002, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Funny, my Bosch Center said they would have covered towing! Thanks, AoA.

Leave an old lady without a car and a bill for towing a week before Christmas due to your defective over-priced part, that is a classy company there, Audi.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 231 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Did you call and talk to AoA, WVM won't go to bat for you!

WVM always told me no way to be reimbursed for control arm failure on my '97 A4 after warranty. I always would just say OK, pay, call AoA...they said send in the bill and sent me a check! This happened many times!