A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

"Audi will place limits on its product options." - Automotive News

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh I hear ya... yeah I'm disappointed....

but to break it down it was definitely a possibility.

When we played Chicago we lost twice and in both of the losses Shaquille O'Neal played 1/2 or less of each game. He did play more than that, but just 29 minutes and while he had 20/10 he was a non-factor early.

The key issues I see: Antoine Walker is not able to guard Richard Jefferson, yet he is starting at small forward. We also lack consistency on offense and defense. New Jersey is not generally a high scoring team and we let them having anything they wanted and more. Even helped them out with constant turnovers leading to easy points.

I think the Heat can be fine in this series as long as Shaq dominates in his normal fashion which leads to open 3's as opposed to contested ones. Then it just comes down to the role players making their shots.

We'll see, but so far this sucks!
Old 05-08-2006, 10:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default My thoughts........

You are right on. The fouls took Shaq out of the game early and it was downhill from there. Antoine can't really guard anyone,let alone a quick swing player like RJ. You guys don't really match up with the Nets too well this year. I thought you guys would take care of them like last year but after tonight, I think this thing could go 7.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:03 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Yeah...

I'm done with Antoine Walker. He is too small to guard power forwards, to slow to guard small forwards, and just too damn inconsistent overall. I am never confident when he has the ball and frankly I wouldn't mind us cutting him loose in a trade in the off-season if at all possible.

Here are the keys though. New Jersey does an amazing job of pushing the ball off misses/turnovers. Jason Kidd gets the ball and runs north--south and has 2 great finishers on the wings. When we take long 3's and miss or turn the ball over we are done for.

The Heat can play great team defense. I have seen it. It stems from slowing the pace of the game down though and working in the half court. Our deficiencies in the half court are with the perimeter and the pick and roll. I think we can overcome the Nets though. Without overlooking them, I think this is a two-fold matchup. We don't matchup well with them and they don't matchup well with us. The Heat can dominate them inside. Shaq needs to avoid fouls and the ref's need to stop controlling outcomes of games with bad calls.

We'll see. Richard Jefferson might be hurt as well so that would have a tremendous impact on things.

Either way the Heat were not built to beat the Nets. They were built to beat the Pistons and right now they just don't look like their interested. It pains me to say as much as it pains me to watch. I hope they change my mind.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Nice , I agree totally...

You would think after all these years the refs would know how to ref a game that has Shaq playing in it. Don't the refs get cable? .....Looks like the Pistons may be getting a lengthy rest.They will lose their customary 1 or maybe 2 games where they look like they don't care and then turn it on when they want and win the series. That series won't be as competitive as people think it will be. The West has 2 series that could go 7. Sweet.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:42 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Yeah this year should still prove to be very interesting.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Actually thats exactly how it works.

Build variations are very complex and costly for the manufacturer. Problem for me is that I don't want all these 'bundles'. I'd like one stripped down if I could get it - I'll add in what I want...

The europeans seem to assume that we want as many gagets as they can stuff in. I'll probably drive my car until the wheels fall off (and then some more) and save up for a Cayman club sport or something equivalent thats not overloaded with garbage (while secretly hoping for the Scirocco since the new TT turned out icky).
Old 05-09-2006, 05:03 AM

Default Geez, HateMe

You got me! As a college student, I guess I could only prove your point if I got pissed and wrote something back. I've been called a lot of things. Hopefully "flamer" won't be one of them.

:-)

-Ian
Old 05-09-2006, 06:02 AM

definite PW right there
Old 05-09-2006, 06:03 AM

i hope you're not a "flamer" either
Old 05-09-2006, 06:04 AM

Default hey im 26 AND in college :) Actually I think the avg age on AZ is a lot younger than here

and you are right - they have no mercy but they know their ****

Quick Reply: "Audi will place limits on its product options." - Automotive News