A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

"Please answer all 5s on your survey." - WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Audi never even sent me a survey .

I never received a survey either. I did get a telephone call asking about my service experience, and told them I had not had any service done. When I asked for the name of the caller, they hung up.
Old 04-05-2002, 09:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default So here's the plan!

Thanks for all of the feedback here. I was hoping to get this level of response on the thread.

Basically, the system is flawed in that a 4 out of 5 to an average joe/jane is an 80% (aka a B). Unfortunately, AoA and/or JD Powers doesn't view it that way. Doubly unfortunate is that we the average joe/jane don't understand this unless we go poking around strange web forums!

So when and if I get contacted, we'll be good and fill out 5s, mostly because our sales rep, one Jennifer Smith of Park Porsche/Audi, was actually quite good, and doesn't deserve being slammed on her first week on her new job. (I was her first financed delivery!)

We will also be writing a letter to AoA (w/o mentioning the dealer, lest they be penalized), the dealer mgmt., and the sales mgr. stating that the system stinks, dealerships shouldn't have to beg for 5s, but if they must, they should at least explain why. (In other words, I shouldn't have had to find out from April/Verdegrrl and others here.)

Thanks everyone for your help. My next thread will be about how much I'm enjoying my new 2002 A4! (Included in that will be the rest of my otherwise pleasant buying experience.)
Old 04-05-2002, 09:26 PM

CALM DOWN BRO!! Its not that big of a deal...good gosh. She just wanted to keep her job!!
Old 04-05-2002, 09:28 PM

There is something seriously wrong with you man. Calm down. Give them a break!
Old 04-06-2002, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I let my salesman down, gave 4s & 5s. He was bummed, but it is a stupid system.

I called Audi back, but could not re-visit the survey.
Old 04-07-2002, 02:29 PM

Default JD Power uses a "5 point" scale

5 - truly outstanding
4 - excellent
3 - good
2 - just ok
1 - poor

3 is basically middle of the pack, where what you had was just an experience... fence sitters unite. This system keeps the rating easier and comparisons between rated companies more accurate.
Old 04-08-2002, 12:31 PM

Default Re: I'm a Audi ABS and the system sucks!!!

hello...i am the saleswoman who sold this A4...and I am new to the audi experience. i have sold cars before, but the csi wasn't anything like this. I was blwn away. I didn't want to have to ask for 5's if i didn't deserve them, but at the end of the day, i can lose a sh*t load of $$$$$$ if i don't get them. so do you think that I am not going to ask...like hell i won't. this was my first sell and therefore my manager tells me as i am walking out the door to deliver the car, so i wasn't prepaired. am i a bad person, no! i do thank all of you who helped my customer understand what the hell is going on. maybe if all of you who disagree with the program write letters, somthing will be done.
Old 04-08-2002, 12:45 PM

Default Hi Jennifer...

Thanks for posting on AudiWorld.

Most of us on AudiWorld understand the position the Audi salesperson is being put in. It may help if you explain the whole situation to your clients. Explain that a 4 out of 5 does not equate to 80%, 3 out of 5 does not equate to 60%, etc...

My father has been a salesperson for General Motors for 15 years and I asked him about their marking scheme. The GM marking scheme is nothing like Audi's. It's more of a "Very satisfied, Satisfied, etc..." He was pretty surprised to hear how the Audi scheme works. He told me that he *always* asks for 5's (or "Very satisfied") too. There's alot of money involved in it for the salesperson.
Old 04-09-2002, 07:06 AM

Default Re: I'm a Audi ABS and the system sucks!!!

yeah, i actually sold gm...it was very different, but also very much the same. All in all, it does really suck that we have to ask at all. Like I said, i wasn't even aware of what the survey looked like much less that I would need to ask for 5's or else...i hate it, but this one situation has taught me so much.