A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

04 arrival....contemplating again

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm in DFW and here is what I have experienced at the local dealers..... (NOT $3K off for sure)

There are 3 local dealers in DFW. Note that I was going to special order a car (2003 A4 Avant 5-speed manual), not drive one off their lot, but see <A HREF="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/340790.phtml">April's response</A> about deeply discounted cars. This was all back in March.

Park Place Audi in Plano: They offered a car that was in the order bank already for MSRP. I offered them $1500 over invoice, they rebuted with $500 off sticker TOPS. I have dealt with their internet sales manager lady (forgot her name)

Ballargeon Audi in Grapevine: They offered $1100 off MSRP tops on a special order. They were not willing to do anything less than that. I have dealt with a sales guy who was representing them at the Fort Worth Auto Show.

University Park Audi: They were willing to meet halfway between invoice and MSRP. That was $1460 off sticker. This was the best offer I could get on the car, period.

So it's either me being incapable of dealing with dealers or what you state is not true. Also note that Edmunds TMV on that vehicle was $1600 over invoice back in March. Now it's just a tad over $1K.

So just like I wrote, I believe it when I see it.

Oh and thanks for the offer regarding your sales guy, I'm already dealing with one (have a 2004 on order) so it's all good and I think I'm getting a great deal on a brand new car.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I'm in DFW and here is what I have experienced at the local dealers..... (NOT $3K off for sure)

GTakacs -

Who would you recommend at University Park? I'm looking at either getting 03 or an 04 as well and was thinking about dropping by there some time next week.

Thanks.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Their internet sales manager, O'Neil Littlejohn.

He is a super nice guy and knows Audi really well! He'll work with you for sure. I really feel bad for him, 'cause I stood him up (My story is kind of long and I feel bad about it), but I HIGHLY recommend him! His direct munber is (972)-561-1823. Give him a call!