A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

2002 Audi A4 vibrating

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

Couple threads to meander through which includes discussion on the snub mount. If during maintenance, you have disturbed the snub mount, then proper adjustment with the engine running is important. Also, if it is worn, it may not be stabilizing the drivetrain. I assumed OP and others had looked at that first.

Also, one of the threads has a DIY on the tranny mount.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ghlight=mounts

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...or-mounts-EVER
Old 08-09-2012, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The vibration could also be a vac leak don't rule it out till you check it. At idle in park with a/c on my amb 1.8t reads a solid 21 in/Hg.

FYI having a vac leak will cause rough idle but once you step on the gas the vibrations go away there may also be other driveability problems because of it.

Just to clarify its just vibrating (has a constant frequency) and not stumbling (random shaking but not no frequency to it) right?

Also make sure you centered the snub with the engine warmed and running
Old 08-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes it is a vibration with a constant frequency. The very odd thing is that I went today and they said that this kind of vibration is "normal". Also I tested myself and didn;t fell as rough that before. After that I left, and when I got home the vibration is there again..I was very upset about that..and I think I will go tommorow again. I don;t know if its bad..or normal..the car runs fine. I can feel that vibration when I am in the drivers seat in my upper part of my back. If it was from the snub or the mounts shouldnt the engine have some vibration? I dont fell or see any vibration when I touch the engine. Also they have told me that because is a manual one is gonna be a lot harder to investigate the mounts from my gearbox. This car has a new flywheel and a clutch kit that the previous owner installed 500 miles ago..maybe they did something wrong? I will see what they will tell me and I will keep you guys updated. Thank you for your help!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by vali_podaru
Yes it is a vibration with a constant frequency. The very odd thing is that I went today and they said that this kind of vibration is "normal". Also I tested myself and didn;t fell as rough that before. After that I left, and when I got home the vibration is there again..I was very upset about that..and I think I will go tommorow again. I don;t know if its bad..or normal..the car runs fine. I can feel that vibration when I am in the drivers seat in my upper part of my back. If it was from the snub or the mounts shouldnt the engine have some vibration? I dont fell or see any vibration when I touch the engine. Also they have told me that because is a manual one is gonna be a lot harder to investigate the mounts from my gearbox. This car has a new flywheel and a clutch kit that the previous owner installed 500 miles ago..maybe they did something wrong? I will see what they will tell me and I will keep you guys updated. Thank you for your help!
I reckon its the PCV valve thats gone, and its an easy fix that you can do yourself
Old 10-02-2012, 07:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok, thanks for the comment. I will try that too.