A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

2003 audi a4 radio dosnt work at all

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 audi a4 radio dosnt work at all

Hey,

I am new to audis and a girl sold me hers for $525. so I picked it up all I knew Is it ran and had an exhaust leak. well I fixed the major exhause leak which was the coupler between the down pipe and the rest of the exhaust,15 bucks fixed. well after I fixed the exhaust. she told me the radio didn't work at all apparently her "mechanic" cut a wire too the tweeter on the dash that killed the radio 7 years ago. so I looked all over for this wire, couldn't find it. I checked the fuses like 20 times. all good. so I hard wired a after market radio in. use a fuse tap and ran a wire too the head unit to turn it on and see if it would work, still nothing. so at that point I put it up on craiglist for $4000 bucks and said screw it. well 2 weeks later and some bs emails an calls on it im back fiddling with it. I bought four new speakers to replace the stock ones. my plan is to run new wires to all the speakers and abandon all the stock wires. but first im going to try again to find that wire this "mechanic" cut for the tweeter in the dash. I bought a used tweeter off ebay to replace it, ( why I don't know it was like 10 bucks so?) so im going try one last time to get that tweeter out and look for cut wire. if that fails im rewiring it all regardless of the time it takes. I CANT DRIVE A CAR WITHOUT TUNES I JUST CANT, I MEAN IF IT SOUNDS GOOD A FEW MIN. WITHOUT RADIO IS OK, BUT ANYTHING MORE THAN THAT IS MADENING!!! So what im looking for out of this long worthless post is any wiring diagrams that anyone has for a 2003 audi a4 with a bose radio I think its a symphony or something. if I can just run 4 pairs of speaker wires to the truck and tire into the amplifiers wireing let me know. if not, im just runna run wire individually to each speaker. thanks you I cant wait to read what yall have to say
Old 12-09-2015, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

On a car like that, there is no telling. You would have to be either have a "real" history (my mechanic clipped a wire 7 years ago doesn't apply) or using a wiring diagram, start running wires with a volt meter and find where the issue is. having an open on one speaker should not cause the rest to not function unless it is now shorting the whole stereo to ground.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are in to this vehicle for $540, so go out and buy the Bentleys manual ISBN: 978-0-8376-1574-5 from amazon or find a used one. This manual will give you all of the wiring diagrams you need as well as every other answer to any mechancial question you may have. There are quirks to every vehicle but if you are not willing to do some invested research yourself, well good luck.