A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

3.0 or 1.8T Quattro??

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Swap your ECU then.
Old 10-29-2002, 05:25 PM

On the mbworld.org forums, there was a kid getting a CLK500 from his parents!
Old 10-29-2002, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

No way. The kid's got great taste. Audi's for everyone!
Old 10-29-2002, 05:33 PM

Thanks.
Old 10-29-2002, 06:04 PM

Default It's just that some people have to work for a living and may not have been able to afford a ...

relatively expensive car like an Audi until they had mature careers.

You on the other hand compare yourself to kids with parents who give Lincoln Blackwoods and think you are not so well off.

By the nature of this board, the vast majority of people here are well off financially (me included). Still, your parents are undoubtedly richer than the vast majority here. Hopefully some day you will venture out into the real world and see the obscenity of high school kids being given cars more expensive than 98% of the working adult population can afford when a few miles from your home there are tens of thousands of high school kids who come from families where there isn't enough food to eat.

It isn't personal, as I am sure you are a nice, polite person. But understand that people's incredulous reaction has a solid sociological basis.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:44 PM

Default Hum...

I hear you but I feel your statement is a bit assuming of me and my family:

"You on the other hand compare yourself to kids with parents who give Lincoln Blackwoods and think you are not so well off."

I didn't say I don't belive I am well of, I realize it alot. I was just making a statement about the blackwood, I think that is nutz to give that to a kid.

"Still, your parents are undoubtedly richer than the vast majority here."

You sure???? The car is a present (like many things) from my grandmother. She is one of the reasons I live where I do and go to School were I do.

"Hopefully some day you will venture out into the real world and see the obscenity of high school kids being given cars more expensive than 98% of the working adult population can afford when a few miles from your home there are tens of thousands of high school kids who come from families where there isn't enough food to eat."

If you have the money to give your child a nice car why not, as long as they diserve it (I get pretty good grades, am in some Honors classes, am going for my Eagel in BoyScouts). I do disagree with giving a kid a Blackwood or Hummer or somthing crazy like that, but an Audi? Ya, probably a few miles from here, and maybe even closer to the neighboorhood I used to live there are family's who can't afford to eat, im just not one of them. Dosn't mean I don't care about them and don't donate food and all my clothes I don't ware. Also my friend (whos more well off the me) is constantly reminding me of this.

"It isn't personal, as I am sure you are a nice, polite person."

Ok and thanks.

"But understand that people's incredulous reaction has a solid sociological basis."

Not quiet sure on that last sentence, but don't be so assuming. Things aren't always as they appear. Im open to what you have to say, so If you want, write back. Also when I'm older I plan on having a good job, and am not going to live off the money that's there. In other words i'm nog gonna be a lazy bum; planing to go to UCLA.
Old 10-30-2002, 05:47 AM

Default Sorry I should have said "family" not parents...

but if my child couldn't spell deserve (twice) at your age, she wouldn't be getting a car for a present, even if I had millions. But that's just me!

Just for my interest, what is a Blackwood crazy, but an A4 not? Is there a cost point you think is unreasonable, or is it the type of vehicle (e.g., a huge hulking SUV)?

Thanks for replying without flying off the handle like a stereotypical adolescent even though my message wasn't easy to swallow...we adults could learn from that!
Old 10-30-2002, 10:42 AM

Default So do you hate the kids or the parents? :op

If I would have got one, Im sure I would have wrestled with the thought of whether or not to have one, and in the end, id probably say to myself that I might aswell drive it and not publicise it too much (except with girlies).
Old 10-30-2002, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Sorry I should have said "family" not parents...

Well I do realize I can't spell, so what. I think the blackwood is crazy because it is 60k and if it is his first car I don't think he should be driving that. Of course that is just me. "stereotypical adolescent" I dont really need to say much except, sterotypical...which I pretty much am not.