A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

50K mile service

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50K mile service

My car has 52K miles on it. I had the dealer change the oil at 50,081 miles. They never said anything about getting the 50K mile service done. I did a search thru the forums and found that some people said that if you were 1K miles over the service interval, it is considered a "missed" service by AoA. My car is CPO and I want to make sure I keep it in line with the extended warranty, so will missing the 50K mile interval have any impact on repairs that need to be done down the line as far as it being covered under my CPO warranty? I've poured over that damn CPO warranty booklet but everything is "this list is not comprehensive".

Also, if my car is CPO, is the 50K mile service cost supposed to be covered other than $50 deductible?

TIA for helping a noob understand his ridiculously vague and confusing Audi warranty.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default They should have done 50k service free before 50k reached as part of original Audi Advantage (4y/50k

Unless your car had already reached 4 years.

SO that service should have been free before or on 49,999 miles, unless your car's 4th birthday had already been reached, at which point you became responsible for paying for scheduled services.

The CPO warranty is if the car breaks down during the CPO period, ie after 50k miles (or 4 years if sooner) and before 100k (or two years from the end of the original 50k/4yr warranty) - you only pay $50 towards any repairs. Servicing is not part of this, you have to pay for those yourself.

As for the missed service, you should take it up with Audi of America and the dealership - as they did the oil change, which is the most important bit, they might be willing to do the other checks etc under the original warranty out of goodwill and keep up the warranty - it would be particularly mean of them to deprive you of your CPO protection when you did take the car in at the right time and the dealership didn't alert you that a full service was necessary.

Alternatively, is it possible they did a service at 50k but just called it an oil change? You might want to check what they did then.

Anyway - hope this helps. good luck.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:34 AM

Default The oil change service is in the system, and the 50k service isn't much more.

You should be fine.

The 50k service should not require a deductable. In fact, I never thought the CPO deductable could be used for services, only repairs. I'll ask my dealer when I'm in next week to fix my coolant temp sensor.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:53 AM

Default I bought the car with 50,081 miles on it. It's an '03 and the car passed 50,000

during delivery (friend I bought it from drove from NH to drop off car for me). The car actually broke down on the way here, as one of the ignition coils took a dump, so the dealer replaced it under warranty, and I asked them to change the oil while they had it in the shop. I literally hadn't even taken delivery of the car yet, so I never saw in the service manual that the next service interval was at 50K. I did, however, ask the dealer if they could replace the timing belt while it was in the shop, as I knew that would be something I was going to want to get done at around 60-70K anyways, but dealer said they wouldn't do it under warranty until 100K. I must have spoken to the service advisor at once every day for a week and the 50K mile service was never brought up.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:58 AM

Default Service receipt indicated that they replaced a blown ignition coil, and did an oil change, but says

nothing about 50K service. I'll call AoA and the dealer and see what they say. I agree with you - they should cut me some slack since I had the car in at the right time, but as a new owner(literally-car was in at the dealer for repair before I could even take delivery) that was not aware of service interval, the dealer should have said something. Since it was past the initial 4yr/50K mile mark they could have made money off of me by doing the 50K service.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default If you bought it as an approved CPO Audi they should have brought all servicing up to date

If not then they should have said at 50k that it was due.