A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Abt and Oettinger wheel group buy prices!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "illegal imports" eh ? Which dealer ? How do we know unless we can confirm with that dealer ?

You or Marc can claim anything you like - this is the internet after all;-). An Abt certified third party should clear this up. Customers deserve the full truth.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Are they instock, and do you know what they fit ? Clearance issues with various suspensions ?

Comes with certificate right ?
Old 03-18-2002, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ahhh that is proprietary info. We dont need AMS to know where we buy from. .

Then all the good deals end for the buyers on Audiworld. You would not want that to happen would you?

We have NEVER seen fake ABT parts so I dont know where all this is coming from. Seems like a feeble attempt for AMS to poison our group buy.

Dont worry April, if Marc is hooking you up then just go there. We may be able to get you a better deal though. Not sure if you are interested but nevertheless we do welcome your business.

Eric @ SPP
Old 03-18-2002, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Honey, I WORK for AMS. I'm hooked up alright ;-)

I don't even drive an Audi. Marc's past experience with Alfa, has been invaluable to me and my car. If you can tell me how to do the outboard racing brake conversion on 115 series chassis, you might be of some help;-)

So you can't confirm to customers that you/they really are getting Abt parts. They just have to take the word of somebody on the internet, whom they have never met before. If you really are getting grey market parts, this third party isn't supposed to be selling to you - or Abt would pull their plug. If Abt ever finds out, you cannot support your Abt buying clients. Hmmm.

Yes, we really have seen people trying to make warranty claims on wheels that were obviously not up to Abt standards, but styled and stamped to look the part. I am sure that as the supplier of so many wheels, you must see a lot of this. Unless of course, you don't honour any warranties.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Attn: Mark from AMS

I would like to start this post off by saying you are a chump. Reguardless of SPP being an authorized dealer, i would buy from them and not you simply because of posts like this, accusing SPP of ripping people off. Ive been to your shop to have exhaust installed and after waiting for over an hour, you told me to come back another day because somebody wanted to have turbos installed, and that was more important than my appointment. You treat your customers like they are idiots except when they are going to fill your pockets with money to buy your overpriced goods. Get with it buddy. You will never get customers by acting this way.

-Andrew
Old 03-18-2002, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Some info for you;

I worked for AMS...I know how it goes down there. I know how the products are marked up and I dont agree.

How long is AMS going to be around with everyone leaving there?

The hard work was done by ABT and only ABT so dont give credit where its not due.

We pride ourselves on customer service.

We own our 11,000 sq ft warehouse and are proud of it. We dont flaunt it we just run out of it

We sell thousands of wheels per year and our expertise and knowledge is second to none.

We stand behind everything we sell.

A couple questions for you:

When AMS goes out of business, who does the customer go to?

Is AMS really a family business? I know Marc's father personally and find your comments quite hilarious. I will not post what I know on here but feel free to ask me private

Do you know about sidewall load limits?
--Yes we do actually and recommend only the proper fitments

Proper torque specs?
--Yes we do torque the wheels to the factory recommended setting everytime

Do you have offset, spacer, fitting, or installation experience?
--YES we sell thousands of wheels per year and this is definitely requirement

Do you offer a facility to install any of those parts?
--Yes we do offer fine quality installations at reasonable prices

Do you have a tech line to answer any questions that may arise?
--Yes, we do offer our email, telephone, fax and sometimes my personal cell phone when a difficult installtion may arise and the customer is not local. Yes, I said my personal cell phone at any hour.

When you sell the wrong part or it gets improperly installed, will you back the warranty?
--We dont sell the wrong parts. We do back the warranty

Do you have them in stock ?
--Yes we do, what do you need?

Please forward any other questions to my email: eric@supremepowerparts.com

Thank you

eric @ spp<ul><li><a href="http://www.supremepowerparts.com">http://www.supremepowerparts.com</a</li></ul>
Old 03-18-2002, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Don't take is personally EricPA. AMS has been trying to squash black maket Abt wheels, because

of the fakes running around. Both AMS and Abt have been trying to track down the people responsible for the fake wheels. The only authorized source for the US and Canada, is AMS and it's distribtors.
Old 03-18-2002, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default SPP Customer Service

Our parts are legit. Its ABT baby.....all the way.

Try running a poll on Audiworld and see who they would rather buy from

Everyone knows us.

We are 100% honest and will never change that

Your frivolous comments only increase our hits on our site. Thank you

Try running a poll AMS vs SPP. Let me know your findings. Or maybe tomorrow when I have some time, I will start it for you

Have a good evening

eric @ spp
Old 03-18-2002, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Good snow job !
Old 03-18-2002, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks April

Quick Reply: Abt and Oettinger wheel group buy prices!!!