A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Anyone have any experience with these guys: (anti-sway bars)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have any experience with these guys: (anti-sway bars)

<ul><li><a href="http://www.h-sport.com/">http://www.h-sport.com/</a</li></ul>
Old 02-03-2003, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Why is everybody in a rush to change.......

Their sway bars, it's a band aid solution.
Old 02-03-2003, 04:54 PM

can you elaborate. . .trying to learn more
Old 02-03-2003, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default This could open a can of worms......

Some people may not agree with this, but usually it is better to work with the springs and shocks to get your car to handle better then to increase the diameter of your sway bars. Although it is cheaper to increase the size of a sway bar it takes away some of the independence of your suspension. Example, in a VW Golf 4 with a lowered suspension (H&amp;R springs/Bilstein shocks) we actually disconnected the front sway bar to reduce understeer. If you were to put a bigger sway, when the car enters a turn the wheel/shock/spring on the outside of the turn is compressing downwards the inner wheel/shock/spring is unloaded, the sway bar connected between the two wheels will actually try to bring up the inner wheel, thus creating even more understeer. People usually put bigger sway bars in the rear to solve understeer. By doing so the rear of the chassis tends to be stiffer and starts to slide out, the front tends to grab more and to be more planted and reducing some of the understeer.
Old 02-03-2003, 05:40 PM

Default Why is everybody in a rush to change...

It's the easiest and cheapest way to rid that awful push. If you don't autocross or are scared to drive w/ trac-control off... it's more like a winter coat in July than a band-aid. Just my opinion!
Old 02-03-2003, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You are absolutely right and I said that it was the cheapest.....

way to solve some understeer. But I was just trying to explain to others that are going to modify their suspensions (lower, stiffer springs and shocks)that a bigger sway bar might not be needed especially in the front.
Old 02-03-2003, 05:56 PM

Default We are in perfect agreement Mr. Jockey!!! Of course, I wouldn't put clear tail lights...

stickers or silver tint on my car either. Oh yeah, I think M&amp;M sucks too! Am I old?
Old 02-03-2003, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Help....

I live where it snows so I want some independence. To stiff of a sway bar will suck in the show.

I am junking my non-sport suspension for Neuspeed Sport Springs and the "matched" Bilstein Shocks. I am not sure they are matched but it is the best I will get for the price. And I think coil-overs are overkill for the street.

So I wanted to upgrade my non-sport sway bar. Maybe I won't need it? But if I do I have no idea what to get. The current Neuspeed roll bar requires welding brackets to my frame, that seems like overkill for my street car. So I was looking for a factory sport roll bar. But it is tough to find that used. And I am sure Audi wants too much.

What would you recommend? I wish Neuspeed made a less aggressive bar.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

How Much?
Old 02-03-2003, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Lets not get carried away here.....

Why do you need a bigger sway bar?
Better yet, who told you that you needed a bigger sway bar?
If coil overs are too much overkill why would the sway bars be different?
By lowering the car and getting a stiffer suspension you have lowered your center of gravity and reduced the roll. The result should be better handling. If you like the way the car handles with your new suspension leave it as is.
If you feel the car understeers too much try driving it with the ESP turned off you might like it more.

Quick Reply: Anyone have any experience with these guys: (anti-sway bars)