A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

anyone from oahu

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone from oahu

cuz I am moving there 2 weeks, questioning if I should bring my whip, I stopped by the audi dealership in honolulu bout a month ago, very nice folks, but the selection and pricing wasn't there.

what to do or should I bring out my tricked out 240sx, to the islands, or bring da A4, or not even have a car at all.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:45 AM

u rally race with your stock a4?
Old 10-20-2003, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You're gonna need a car...

I was born and raised there, and taking The Bus all the time can be a PITA for anything more than commuting to work/school.

As for what car to bring, I wouldn't discourage you from taking the A4 (I'm going to ship mine back when I move back next year), but I will admit that the car scene there is definitely oriented toward the Jpn. imports. Consequently, the aftermarket offerings are going to be a lot better in that respect.

If you like to race, Campbell Industrial Park on the Leeward side of Oahu has a 1/4 mile strip, a race track, and IIRC has some drifting events. I believe there are also SCCA events on the island as well. If you just want to go for a fun drive, try Roundtop & Tantalus Drives in Makiki Heights: curves and hairpin turns up the mountain for MILES, plus you get great vistas of Honolulu.

Good luck with the move. I'm jealous...
Old 10-20-2003, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

brah, bring da a4!
Old 10-20-2003, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: anyone from oahu

I live on Oahu, and I think you should bring both your 240 and A4.

Being the only Audi dealer for the chain of islands, their prices are crazy! I recently tried to pick up an A4 from them without success. Remember they're always nice to you in the beginning.

The drifting scene/fad is picking up and like mentioned before by Boysan, it's a Japan market out here.

As for not having a car, depends where you end up living. If you work in town and plan to live in town, then a car is optional. If you live in the center of town, it's roughly 5 miles walking distance in any direction.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:30 PM

Default Re: u rally race with your stock a4?

I did it once and ohh what a rush, I was driving in this camp ground area bout 2 years ago, the roads was all drit and very windy, soo I was like you what this is wad a perfect environment to push it, sooo I gunned it was doing rally slides like you do in GTA 3 and going bout 65mph with ease, I'll never forget that day, it was fun but I'll never do it again
Old 10-20-2003, 07:32 PM

Default Re: thanks fr the advice

your right bout the stealership, boysan was right the jpn imports is big, but I want to stand oout of the crowd.

I have to choose one car, my project 240 which is slammed and ready to race

or bring out a claassy ride,

I'll probably sell my nissan and bring out the audi,but i'll wait bout a month or soo to decide where I'll be working, and living
Old 10-20-2003, 07:34 PM

Default Re: You're gonna need a car...

thanks for the tips, yeah I can't move to hawaii I'll eventually ship my car out, I live all the way in PA though soo go figure