A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Anyone switched from a lease to a buy situation?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True for the most part........

If you wanted it to be CPO than you would have to sell it to the dealer and have the dealer pay it off (there would be a deficiency so you would have to come up with more money). You could also pay it off yourself, then sell it to them, and buy it back from them (under the agreement that they are just doing a CPO and not marking it up). They would then do a certified inspection, and sell it back to you for about $800.00 (depending on make/model/mileage/ and if it didn't pass inspection without having the need for repairs) more than they paid you for it. You would then have a CPO car, and they would have a CPO sale which counts towards endless amounts of allocation and money back....

We do this for customers on a regular basis who want to buyout their lease or have their car certified if its coming out of warranty.

So, GTakas was fairly correct, but I was just disputing that the dealer would mark it up when selling it back... :P because there are benefits for them too!
Old 05-13-2004, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Uhm... I didn't scream.....

Just 'cause I capitalized two words (NO and ANY) in my post it doesn't mean I screamed. I wonder if your other 700+ posts were just as constructive as this one......

Cheers!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good to know that CPO can be worked out with a decent dealer!

However I was pretty close with the $1k figure there as well as the dealer buy/sale situation ;-). I guess I forgot that there are some dealers out there who actually work with you!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:03 PM

Default I was just playin disagreeing to disagree....

The warranty costs a dealer $800.00 +/- but it is typically marked up....so your closer.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hehehe! Gothca!

Well I won't be getting a new car for a while (just picked up a B5.5 Passat 1.8 GLS yesterday for the wifey 48 month lease) so next time I'll have business with car dealers won't be for another 29 months (when my PP is up on the Avant), until then I'll just spread the joy.....
Old 05-13-2004, 01:17 PM

Default All Good.

I'm putting crazy miles on the car and I like it. I dumped My b5 1.8 because I had 50+miles at like 2 years.

My I just fugged up.

Thanks for the info. Muchos Gracias
Old 05-13-2004, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It has been... and I think you've got some nerve to come up here

and tell me who and what is constructive. Your post was far from constructive and highly critical. This is the problem with open forums sometimes. You seem to think its okay to act impolite on the forums for no reason. I've been on AW and AZ for the past 3 years and have owned two Audis. I work on my own car and track it. And many times, I have contributed writeups on various technical issues. Leonard (lawong) has been on the boards quite awhile and has organized meets, had great technical tips, and has been very helpful to me and others.

I thought your first response was improper. Your reply to mine was just presumptuous. If you thought he was wrong, just say so politely. No need to be curt and terse.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yeah, you'd be in trouble....

For you a 2 year lease with a ****load of miles purchased in advance would make sense. You would come out ahead that way rather than buying the car and selling it after 2 years. I didn't say it was going to be cheap (2 year leas with 50k miles will be pricey) but it is probably the best option for someone like you.....

With this car you're probably stuck with and you're going to lose money one way or another, but on your next lease you can be wiser and make a better decision that fits your needs.

Good luck!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Seems like you're the one who needs to relax.....

Again, I didn't scream, and I'm pretty sure lawlong has a computer to post from and he's old enough to fend for himself, I don't think he needs a baby sitter......

My post was informative and constructive. I clearly stated the facts about buyout and CPO certification. I didn't call lawlong a dummy for posting something that wasn't correct (I did say it was BS thogh).

This is an open forum and people can post as they will. Your opinion is duly noted, now crawl back under that rock of yours or go back to the B5 S4 forum, you might have more street cred over there, you've just lost it all in my eyes....

(Here is a little write-up I've done, I'm sure you have something similar in depth besides the "what chip is the best?" and "what wheels should I get?" posts that you answer oh so frequently <A HREF="https://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec82-1.shtml">https://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec82-1.shtml</A> )
Old 05-13-2004, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default thanks Neo. I will again retreat to "depending on the situation"...

It may or may not be better to buyout the lease sooner than later. I did want to point out that you might be able to negotiate the cost of getting the car Audi Assured. Remember, that dealerships make money from AoA on all warranty repairs. If you've continually had good service from your dealership, and you plan on bringing your car to the same dealership if your car was AoA, you can try to use this as leverage against the high costs of getting a CPO.

As a side note.. you coming to the KK meet tonight?

Quick Reply: Anyone switched from a lease to a buy situation?