A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

AoA - people business or car business

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AoA - people business or car business

I work for an audi dealership and take seriously the complaints i hear on this site - it helps me do my job in the service department - is audi in the people buiness or the car business? What do you think?
Old 01-30-2003, 04:28 PM

car business with no regard for the customer!
Old 01-30-2003, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default i last week had a huge problem.. more..

my rotors and rear brakes went bad, long story how. Now.. i brought it to bell audi service... they say a day to replace rotors and pads... i say okay and they give me a crappy Lancer Loaner. Now, the whole reason i got an audi is because of the winter, i literally cant get to my house with snow on the ground without a 4wd vechile. WHen i went back the next day, my car wasnt ready, so they said one more day. I returned the day after.. Still no deal, i ask to get some stuff from my car... i go to it in the back parking lot to find that my car hasnt even been touched.. I ask why, they tell me parts havent even come on!. A service center without pads nor rotors, whats up with that? well.. it snowed begining of this week, with no audi. I had to walk to the BUS because i didnt have a car that could make the trip through the snow. Isn't audi suppose to give me an audi loaner in first place? well.. it took Bell Audi a week to get me rotors and pads, after lying to me several times; but in there words.. i was given the "wrong infromation". When they finally got the parts, it took them less then an hour to give me my car back. hmm, pretty amazing eh?: thanks for screwing me over Bell.. im never going back there to buy my next audi.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:37 PM

Default Lexus - Saturn - Infinity

Audi hasn't learned that they should be in the people business - I moved to the automobile industry from the corporate aviation industry - i know what it's like to treat someone like they are your only customer and they are someone special - unfortunatly each dealership is paid on their CSI score - the better the score, the more compensation - if a dealership has enough faith in themselves they should be able to make the apropriate changes to ensure customer satisfaction - if this means spending money, then they need to spend money - free washes and a key chain isn't going to put them at the top of the list - Lexus, saturn, and infinity are marketing companies - infinity is a nissan marketed to the higher clientele, lexus is a toyota marketed to a higher clientele, saturn is a new car company that started fresh and made friends with their customers to sell cars as opposed to get the customer an offer they can't refuse - so here's the deal - audi is going to fall into the likes of jag if they aren't careful - bmw and mb have always been at the top and it's easier for them to stay there than it is for audi to make it there - I love audi, but it's harder to fix something than it is to build it right in the first place - every car company has it's problems, but it's how they deal with them that is going to make the difference
Old 01-30-2003, 04:42 PM

I hope your not reading up on high explosives
Old 01-30-2003, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default just a suggestion:

if a customer asks when his/her car will be ready, and u think it'll be 2 days, say 3. its better to surprize the customer rather then screw them over.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:48 PM

Default good idea

I try and do that now - if a tech says 15 minutes than I tell the customer 25 minutes - if the customer says they want the car by 2pm then I tell the tech 12 noon - that gives me enough time to make up for mistakes and still get the car washed - doesn't always work tho - I'm still working on making sure work gets done in the shop
Old 01-30-2003, 05:42 PM

Default very true!!!

if Audi treated me like their only customer i would be much happy right now with these problems i having. anyway i have a suggestion for service departments: don't talk to someone like they are an idiot. if you don't know what you are talking about better to say i don't know. i am tired of service advisors/managers trying to bull**** me.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:45 PM

Default spread the word please!!! and call AoA C.R... (m)

i want them to get a bunch of complaints and for Audi to see something needs to change there! did they talk to you like you are an idiot and you couldn't see through their bull****?
Old 01-30-2003, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Expert

what they do to you?

Quick Reply: AoA - people business or car business