A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

APR test pipe software - still getting CEL

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR test pipe software - still getting CEL

Ready for the latest drama in my audi's ongoing CEL problem? As some of you may have read my 8 million posts by now - my cat failed and thinking I was making a sweet mod to my car, went w/ the cheap *** Labree motorsports HFC to save myself 700 bucks.

I put the cat on and the CEL came back almost immediately. I replaced both o2 sensors... CEL back again... I put spark plug anti-foulers on the post cat sensor, CEL back again (noticing a theme here??)... so I finally called APR, cuz that's what my 1+ chip is from...

APR tells me to go to the place I got the chip upgrade and ask for testpipe software to be uploaded to my ecu and this should solve all my worries. F'in great, right? So I go to the infamous ECS Tuning (only 45 min from my house) to get this software flashed.

I'm sitting there at ECS and they say no more than an hour for APR to send them this software... two hours later I'm still there and they're ready to close. They say they just got the download and supposedly flash it to my ECU... that was two days ago.

Tonight my CEL is back again. I haven't pulled the code yet but I can only imagine it's the same -
catalyst efficiency bank 1

Here's my thoughts - A) ECS f'd up the software or didn't even flash it, like they did the first time I bought the chip (they uploaded stage 1 program instead of 1+ and screwed my **** all up)

or B) Maybe I just need to put an anti-fouler on the pre-cat sensor?

Regardless, my advice is to save yourself the headache and pay an extra 700 for a milltek or stick w/ stock - this **** is ridiculous.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:50 PM

Default What is the code you are throwing?

Old 03-29-2009, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default p140 code - 02 sensor not responding

it comes on when i'm driving the car hard, but will go off on its own after a day or two. I have spark plug anti-foulers on the post cat sensor right now, so I'm going to remove them and see if that effects it. I'm not getting the catalyst efficiency code anymore that I got before they flashed the new software.