A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Audi a4 b6 1.9TDi 131 hp 2002 Engine hiccup

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi a4 b6 1.9TDi 131 hp 2002 Engine hiccup

Greetings everyone!
I am experiencing an issue with my 1.9 TDi that started in the Winter months here in Bulgaria.
I would like to say that i have BASIC knowledge about cars, i am not that familiar with terms and all the moving parts and electronics and i will try to describe the issue altho its almost impossible to describe and let alone RE-CREATE.

My car runs idle at ~950 rpm, perfectly normal. When it does the hiccup, the engine moves (Physically) a bit and it loses like 50 rpm. Its like a misfire i guess. I cannot tell you what the VAG-COM says or if it has any error ,because i haven't seeing it myself. All i know of that is that the computer engine is re-adjusting the fuel intake for the 4-th cylinder and while every other cylinder is running normal, cylinder 4 has value of +2.5

The problem seems to occur ONLY in cylinder 4
That's what we did:
1. We swapped 3 and 4 injector to see if they are the cause of the problem, the issue still stays in the 4-th cylinder
1. We changed the injector seals, but the issue still persists
2. We have tested the compression rate in all cylinders , its perfect ~30
3. EGR has been cleaned.
4. We swapped the Engine Computer and the problem stopped for a day.....and it started again two days later.

What have i noticed:
--- It started in the winter months, here in Bulgaria it gets about 0C in November (I had no issue in the hot summer months)
--- It seems to reduce the problem when my fuel level is higher (My assumption, it may be completely false)
--- Happens absolutely randomly, sometimes doesn't do it for a day, sometimes its doing 10000 hiccups in a row...
--- Sometimes the Air Conditioner triggers it (My assumption, it may be completely false)
--- I have NO POWER LOSS (Or at least i haven't noticed) and the car accelerates good.
I will upload a brief video and you can see how it does the hiccup and interrupts the normal working rhythm in the engine.

Very weird, i don't know what to do anymore. I have spend so much money and the problem is still there and honestly i'm getting tired of it.
You guys are my last resort, at least i hope i can get some good assumptions

I do not have VAG-COM , but if necessary i will find one if you need computer info.

https://streamable.com/taia5t -> THIS IS THE VIDEO OF THE ENGINE RUNNING, YOU CAN HEAR THE ISSUE AT 4 SECONDS MARK!