A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Audi A6 Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A6 Problem

I am posting this on the A4 sight because I own a 2003 and a 1999 A6. The 99 has 37002 miles on it and is out of the 3 year warrany by 3 months. I took it to Towson Valley Mercedes, Audi for repairs and they would do nothing to help after warranty. I called Audi and after 5 days of me calling back to them they said we wont do anything to help..Well if this was a BMW or MErceds they would bend over backwards to help after warranty.. By the way I had a major oil leak the first day I owned it and Audi never ofered anything.. This wwwwwill be my last..I am going back to BMW.....Audi of NA it's a shame Audi builds a nice car it is the customer service from NA that stinks.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:03 AM

What do you want us to do? Cry with you?
Old 02-11-2003, 05:06 AM

Default So what you are saying is that MB and BMW will fix cars out of warranty?

You are on crack. There is no way a dealer NEEDS to fix a car out of warranty if you are not going to foot the bill. Their responsibility ends at 3 years or 36k miles. You knew that before you purchased the car, yet you are blasting them for not going above and beyond. Yet you are sure that BMW or MB would. That, sir, is a pure load of ****. Get your head out of your *** and wake up to reality. You are out of warranty. They don't have to do ****. If there was a leak prior to the end of the warranty and it was DOCUMENTED, take it to a different dealer.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:11 AM

You are dumb Private Pyle, but do you expect me to believe you don't know anything about warranties?
Old 02-11-2003, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same problem here ... Audi service sucks.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:27 AM

Default Re: Audi A6 Problem

Hey guy, I have to agree with the others, the warranty was up. No dealer is going to do anything that costs them money they can't bill to the manufacturer. Now as far as Audi service is concerned in general, you have a valid point. Anyone that disagrees just read the threads on the various forums. There are hundreds of them busting Audi's ***** for poor service. Buy hey don't get too upset afterall you bought the Audi knowing full well its reputation for unreliability and astronomical service costs. So step up to the plate and fork it out. Enjoy it while it works.......which probably won't be for long.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:27 AM

Default Having said that, there are secret warranties

ie if its something that is clearly the result of bad manufacturing, they could be persuaded to chip in towards the cost, to a significant amount.
Of course when youre out of warranty, its all up in the air and dependent on what would be considered wear and tear and obvious design flaws etc.
(and perseverence)

e.g. on the old b5, if the control arm were to break etc outside of warranty, thered be no way a savvy customer would pay for that.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:34 AM

If that is the case, go troll over at bimmer.org, tons of stories about ****ty service over there..
Old 02-11-2003, 05:37 AM

You know, there's always 2 sides to the story. Wonder what the dealer would have to say???
Old 02-11-2003, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Audi A6 Problem

I have had over 10 new BMW's and Mercedes over the years both companies go out of there way on customer satifaction. Look at Lexus, they don't no the word NO. They have the best service without question. I wish I liked the way they drive I would be in one in a second. Did you know BMW reads there boards and will even reply, BMW NA is great it's the dealers in MD that are week at least some of them. I am sure there a good and bad. I just dealt with the bad.

Quick Reply: Audi A6 Problem