A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Audi Europe has run out of coilpacks ! F#$%, F#$%, F#$% !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Audi Europe has run out of coilpacks ! F#$%, F#$%, F#$% !!!!!

A friend of mine got that coilpack disease while on skiing in Czech Republic, 500 miles away from home. Would you belive that ? FIVE HUNDRED MILES !!!

Its already the third coilpack that went wrong in his car.

It wouldn't be a problem, if it was possible to repolace the coilpack. But NO. He was told that Audio Europe has run out of coilpacks, and the average waiting time for a new coilpack is ONE MONTH, and that only if the car is still under warranty. (His isn't - its 15 months old already).

And as his car is no longer under warranty, the waiting time may be even TWO MONTHS. Would you believe that ???? This is f@#king crazy.

I called all dealers here in Poland to help him somehow, but to no avail.

The towing the car from another country will cost him 700USD minimum! Add to that te cost of a new coilpack. And still, you wont be shure that the car will not brake down on another trip !
Old 12-30-2002, 02:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can he ask a dealer about borrowing one from a car sitting on the lot?
Old 12-30-2002, 03:26 AM

Default Re: Audi Europe has run out of coilpacks ! F#$%, F#$%, F#$% !!!!!

I am sure this is a dumb question but I am going to ask anyway. Have you tried any Audi dealers in Germany to see if they will get the coilpack? Does your friend have ADAC? That would save a ton in towing costs.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default No my german is .... well ... almost nonexistent :-) Would you be so kind and call ...

your dealer (from your email address I see that you are from Germany) and ask ?

The car is Audi A4 1.8T 150HP, model year 2002, production year 2001, engine type AVJ.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:37 AM

Default Dead End

I just got off the phone with the Audi dealer in Kindsbach, Germany, they have nothing in stock. They are waiting for some from the factory. Do you want there number, they do speak English?
Old 12-30-2002, 04:37 AM

Default As I understand it, Audi manufacturing has shut down for two weeks but coilpack manufacturing

has continued on. The expection is that there will be enough new revision coilpacks available upon return to production to relieve the world coilpack famine. Although I don't really know how quick the supply line is in the various sections of Europe, I'd be very surprised if your friend has to wait anywhere near that long.

Although the parts situation will be better, it certainly doesn't make up for the frustration that your friend must be suffering relating to having the car towed 500 miles back home.

Hopefully, yours, and efforts by other friends, will locate a coilpack before the tow becomes necessary.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thx. It seems that the situation in Germany is no different :-(
Old 12-30-2002, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I did this !!!!

I simply told my Dealer that I am not taking my car from the lot until they fix all 4 coilpacks, due to the fact that car is highly unrealible and I will not take the car with the defective part from them..and guess what after some fighting with Audi and Dealer, I use some legal action tactics and it worked...
They replaced all my 4 coilpack even though the demand is high..
Old 12-30-2002, 04:52 AM

my dealers wait time for coilpacks is 7 days or less
Old 12-30-2002, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default DONE ! He will borrow the coilpack from another car sitting on the lot in ... Bratislava. They will

fed ex it today.

Quick Reply: Audi Europe has run out of coilpacks ! F#$%, F#$%, F#$% !!!!!