A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Audi Goodwill Re-purchase...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Goodwill Re-purchase...

There is an Audi for sale on ebay with the following disclaimer about Audi America's Goodwill Re-Purchase policy which sounds to be too good to be treue:

"This 2002 Audi TT ALMS Coupe had a minor problem with the power window components. It appears that the power windows would roll down on their own, and sometimes would not work correctly. This problem was finally repaired byre-installing the glass on the windows, adjusting the track and door components. Because the repair and correction was a slightly lengthy process, Audi simply choose to repurchase this TT ALMS from the Lessee and give them another TT to drive. This was done to promote customer satisfaction and was NOT because of any complaints or Lemon Law claims. This was a strictly Goodwill Re-Purchase.
After Audi's vehicle lunging problem of the 80's, they have a very broad vehicle repurchase policy to maintain goodwill and promote customer satisfaction. I have seen Buy Back vehicles for problems such as bad temperature control modules to things as ridiculous as un-uniform paint thickness and noisy wipers! If you do not believe me then ask your Audi Service Manager.
The Documentation shows this TT ALMS was re-purchased by Audi for "windows roll down on their own & inoperable" caused by "faulty door components".! The issues were addressed and fixed by Audi simply by "reinstalling the glass as well as adjusting the track, door component carrier and trim panel", thus fixing the problem. The problem was addressed at 14,382 miles on September 30th 2003. This vehicle has since then been fully tested and re-tested by a Audi Tec. & Remarketing Rep. The Tecs test and drive the vehicle to make sure the problem does not come back and that the vehicle performs flawlessly. I have had the vehicle and driven it personally and everything works like new.
Audi has a policy of Repurchase to simply keep the Goodwill with it's customers. The reason for this repurchase is to "promote customer satisfaction".
When a re-purchased vehicle has a issue such as this Audi fixes it and sells it into the market, ONLY if the problem does not return. If the vehicle has a number of problems and ends up in the court system, then Audi calls the vehicle a "Lemon Law" Buyback and does NOT put it into the market or puts a Lemon Law Branded Title on it! However, this TT ALMS being a "Goodwill Re-purchase" it has a 110% Clean Title and Title History. Most Audi Dealers that sell these repurchase vehicles almost never disclose it to the buyers. This is because it does not effect the vehicle Warranty, Value or Future Resale value."

For full listing go to

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5345&item= 2458404688
Old 02-06-2004, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 110% clean title? I thought there were only 100% in a whole :-)

I think the listing is full of BS. It can still be a good purchase, but if the case is that it doesn't show anywhere that it was a Goodwill buyback, why even bother telling about it to the future owner. Something sounds fishy.....
Old 02-06-2004, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'd hit it. There's also an A8 buy back vehicle for sale on eBay. Didn't the ALMS come with the

American Flag TT emblems on the rear?
Old 02-06-2004, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default This is what Audi did with me on my B5 platform S4 sedan

I know Audi of America does this...partly because they don't want to label a car as a lemon...and lose tons of value on resale...AND increase the number of lemon-law buybacks floating around the customer base.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Elder Member

i posted the ebay link in the TT forum
Old 02-06-2004, 10:19 AM

Default Go to this site before buying the car!

The guy had same problems.<ul><li><a href="http://www.myaudittsucks.com/">http://www.myaudittsucks.com/</a</li></ul>
Old 02-06-2004, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Idiot owner and dumb dealer. The wires in door pinch and short. Bad batteries are common, etc...

the sub amp relay sticks and it drains power. It does not take a genious to fix these cars.