A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

BAT 1.9T Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAT 1.9T Build

Well the time has come to take advantage of the gt3076 setup that I have been running for the past year. So a couple of weeks ago I started to take the car apart since i'm done with grad school for the semester. All that was done on day #1 was take the front end off, took about an hour.
Parts:
-JE pistons 83mm, 9.25:1 CR, coated skirts
-IE rods
-Calico (sorry can't spell) rod bearings
-ARP head bolts
-ARP Main Stud kit
-amoung other stuff water pump, oil pump, thermastat, seals, etc....

Machine Work: will be done by a shop here in houston that does alot of high power cars from turbo mustangs to turbo hondas.

The Car:

The Turbo:

How it sits right now:

Plan is that i will pull the engine by the end of the week and hopefully have it at the machine shop since going on Vaca next week. Not sure if i was going to take the engine attached to tranny or just take the engine out by itself... so what do you guys suggest? engine only? or with tranny as one piece? I will update this post as the project progresses.

Day #2
Here is this morning progress: Missing turbo/manifold/alternator/power steering.
Took me about an hour just on the STUPID manifold bolts from underneath, turning those nuts 1/8 turn each time SUCKS!!! so far only one broken manifold stud. Does anybody know what size are those studs? Thanks

Day #3

Well the engine is out [] took about 2 hrs with my twin brother
Where is my motor?

O there it is......

Ran into a couple of things. I broke that rubber hose piece at the base (you can see it on the above picture, is there a trick to getting the rest of the plastic/rubber out) in the next piece, the one that comes off where the oil filter attaches to and broke the dip stick. also how do i take off the part that the oil filter attaches itself to the block? i took the three bolts that hold it but i could get it to come off is there something else?

Christmas arrived early this year []

currently just waiting for couple of more items: pistons, most likely going to build the valvetrain and need to order a clutch... hopefully will order valvetrain and clutch tommorow.

Parts Update

Recieved the clutch(CM FX400 240mm) and valvetrain (ferrea) a couple of days ago, just waiting for the pistons, the first set of pistons, well lets just say a little small but pretty. I should get the correct ones tommorow

and the small piston...
Old 12-10-2010, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

This looks fun. Keep us up on how things are going.
What is the expected horsepower / torque?
Old 12-10-2010, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lyleswk
This looks fun. Keep us up on how things are going.
What is the expected horsepower / torque?
hopefully 400hp and 400 torque when all said and done.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow. Impressive. That would mean you could easily run or maybe surpass an S4 mainly because of the lower weight! Keep up us to date,