A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Before & After - 3.0 Supercharger Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2nd...and btw akula-ssh...

Audigirl, share your thoughts
Old 07-04-2005, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default well...

Modding our NA cars isn't easy as us fellow 3.0'ers know. So I was ready to just buy a B6 S4 and try to be content with that, but I don't think that would of killed the mod bug that's been biting me for quite some time now. When this pes G3 supercharger was on its way to being released, I was extremely excited and was 100% interested in purchasing the kit. But I'm working with a gentleman on the West Coast named Mike, from WMS...and we've thrown a few ideas out there for the 3.0. I wanted to conserve these thoughts until I had more details on pricing and exact parts and labor required for the project, and not to mention feasibility of the project in general. I'll spill a few of the beans now, we're working on turbocharging the 3.0...details are minimal. So when I get the full spheel I will definitely inform everyone else on the forums. BTW... congratulations on your PES G3 sc kit, what part of the country are u located in btw?
Old 07-04-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: well...

The great state of New Jersey.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default this is wonderful

I expect that you are definitely attending waterfest. Can I have an email address please...I have a boat load of questions for you. If you don't want to post it...please email me at Audigirl07@aol.com. Thanks.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I was gonna, but I doubt I would: not sure it's the wisest thing to put down $5+k on the car, yet...

I'm most certainly interested though. Turbocharging the 3.0, eh? Not to discourage you or anything, but that could be a very expensive proposition...

In my opinion either form of force induction would have similar results: our 3.0 can only take a small amount of boost such that the high boost turbocharging can afford won't be possible, I'd think, and thus other than the small parasitic loss that's inherent in SC, I don't see turbocharging development more power, nor necessarily lighter... I wonder about turbo placement too; doesn't seem like there's much space.

But hey, it'd definitely make for an interesting project!
Old 07-04-2005, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yes definitely, which is the purpose of the project in general.

$$ is definitely a factor in this project, hence we'll see the feasibility of the whole thing. There's a gentleman in Canada who actually has had it done...I'm still trying to locate/get in contact with him. I heard he's running around 340hp. This idea is still up in the air...not concrete as I mentioned before. My car isn't a daily driver (i'm only home 3-4 months out of the year)...and I'm really interested in advancing the spectrum of modding options for the 3.0. So yea, my 3.0 will be a guinea pig I guess =). As soon as I get more details as too pricing, placing of turbos, parts, etc. I'll let you and everyone else on the forums know to receive feedback and opinions.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

what happened to the s4??
Old 07-04-2005, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default A guy in Canada? Really? Any idea if he's in the East or West?

If only he's also in Vancouver... (Chance not...)

I seem to recall seeing pictures of somebody in Sweden having turbocharged a 3.0 too.

O, and it's fantastic that you're being the guinea pig and sorting things out for the 3.0 community
Old 07-04-2005, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default hey paul...im buying a house, so I can't have my credit run or get into more debt

than is already present under my name =/. Yea I know stinky POO. So I just have the money stashed under my bed to play with.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: I was gonna, but I doubt I would: not sure it's the wisest thing to put down $5+k on the car, ye

The problem is there are very limited choices for a European car with 300-350 HP available in the US that has AWD and a manual 6-speed, the only available choices are the S4 and M3, and those are at least 15k above the 3.0 A4 + SC.

The G35 is the only other choice if you want to go that route.

Quick Reply: Before & After - 3.0 Supercharger Install