A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Bell Audi NJ, it gets better!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bell Audi NJ, it gets better!

I got a call that I could pick up my plates. After these experiences with them, I called and explicitly asked if they would take care of putting them on and they said yes. (In case they really meant just to hand them to me.)

Got to the dealer, but they delivered the car without the front plate mount so I had to go to the service center to get them to put it on.

They write up the service, and tell me to take a seat. One hour passes and they tell me they don't have the part in and so they installed the rear plate and will call me when they get the part in. I ask why they couldn't tell me an hour earlier. Or why they couldn't check when the sales person sent me over there (saving me the trip in the first place). Answer? It's lunch time. Bull****.

Now it's 1pm, I've taken a half day off of work, and I still have to go back there again! Definitely not how I wanted to start out with this car.

And they STILL won't do the Autolocking feature for free!
Old 08-29-2002, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a choice about going to another dealer ?
Old 08-29-2002, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default okay; another statement helping to proove that BELL AUDI SUCKS!

thats just so wrong man, im sorry thats what happened. they shouldn't have put u through that. Give them the hardass approach when you return. did they wash your car at least? if they didn't, get really pissed off bout that. I went to get my brake light fixed few weeks ago.. i also needed a new floor math and my foglight was out as well. after an hour, my car pulled up all shinny, only thing fixed, brake light, nothing else. someone really needs to call AoA and complain.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:27 AM

Default I wish my dealer had forgotten to do front plate, like I asked them to (not drill the holes)

...but that service sucks.

It seems to be all too common for Audi dealers to act like arrogant *******s.

My original dealer sold me a car with two problems. Tried to fix one of them and failed. Then tried to claim problem wasn't there...and that they had fixed it. Took the car to a decent service dealer after that and they immediately identified the problem.

They have tried to fix it 4 times...the last time AoA wouldn't allow them to put the parts on they thought would fix it.

The whole Audi of America corporate structure is dysfunctional and is anti-customer service. No wonder so many dealers act that way as well.

I confirmed with my current dealer (Porsche, Audi, VW, Infiniti) that Infiniti would shoot them if they let a new car into the customer's hands with easily identifiable problems. Then they would be shot a second time for not fixing the problem immediately and on the first visit.

Ausi, they said...totally different approach. That's a diplomatic way of saying AoA should be renamed *******s of America.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Care to name dealers Marc. I've had no problems with my A4, but like to know where to steer clear.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Expert

ken at bell is great, but lucus sucks. he knows nothing bout audi
Old 08-29-2002, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Actually my aunt bought her A6 4.2 there, and they kiss her ***

but sorry about your story, maybe it was just the people working that day or something. So how much are they gonna charge you for the autolock feature?
Old 08-29-2002, 11:12 AM

Robert Ski Sold at Bell sold me my baby. The whole process was seamless and enjoyable.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:33 AM

i'm picking up my plates tonite. not at Bell though
Old 08-29-2002, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I bought mine from Robert also. No problems, also had my 10K service there.

relatively painless. They did however make a minor scratch on my car. But that was easily fixed.

Quick Reply: Bell Audi NJ, it gets better!