A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

bitten by Audi bug

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 03:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bitten by Audi bug

I am a new member who has been bitten by the Audi bug. I am looking at a 2002 A6 Avant Quattro. It could be my first Audi, if it checks out. I have a couple older VW cabriolets and an MB 300sd. So I am familiar with the German way of thinking. They are like women, just when you think you have them figured out they prove that you don't. I am a good mechanic and like to do all the wrenching myself when I can. Even sometimes when I cant, I still do. I will cut to the chase I have committed what could be the ultimate mistake and looked at cars out of state, way out of state. Here in NH we have lots of rust so its tough to find a rust free here in the Granite state. So yes I went to the internet to find my next toy, AKA project. I have found a candidate in VA. In my younger days I would have jumped on a plane or bus and drove it home relying on my own judgment as to whether it was "noble" enough to become part of my collection. I am frugal so many times it has been a hit , but admittedly on occasion it has been a bust. This time I am choosing a different route. I am looking for a third party inspection. The dealer has a service posted on his website , but to me they could be bias to the dealer. Yes I know, I need to trust my fellow man. Not when it comes to buying cars. As someone I admire once said "Trust but verify". So I am reaching out to any members near Richmond VA. Providence Forge to be exact, who knows a trusted mechanic with of coarse Audi experience, or a real Audi enthusiast who knows his Audi's to check out this car for me. I would like a thorough inspection and a detailed report as to the health of this car. Of coarse I can pay for a local to help me. Any referrals or suggestions would be great. Thanks.