A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Can a dealer mark up the % of on a loan as the wish?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 12:58 PM
F3A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can a dealer mark up the % of on a loan as the wish?

The reason I ask is because I because I get different rates for a loan.
One dealer is telling me that for 24 month loan the % is 1.9, another dealer is telling me that for 24 month loan the % is 2.9, and then yet another dealer tells me that a dealer can mark up the % pretty much as they wish. What is going on here? Audi USA doesn't have any information about this; all it says is to contact a dealer for the details.

Thanks,
-Eugene
Old 03-21-2002, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Dealer does not control %, the bank does or lending agent. No incentive for dealer to increase %
Old 03-21-2002, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer can control the rates!

When I bought my 3.0 over a month ago, I sat down with finance manager for almost 2 hours. I knew the going rate at the time was 4.9% for 60 month from Audi Financial. He kept telling me it's 6.9% and then later 5.9% I told him I either get 4.9% or I walk. He finally said that he will split 1% difference with me (i.e. 5.4%). He kept lying for a long time and then he finally said that his dealership needs to make some profit since they sold me the car just for $350 over invoice. I told him no and I finally got 4.9%. Basically that tells me that dealership gets some kick back on financing. I just don't know if it only works between Audi dealer and Audi bank or between Audi dealer and any other bank.
Old 03-21-2002, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Can a dealer mark up the % of on a loan as the wish?

My dealer was gonna knock down my % if i would buy their friggin paint sealant treatment. I told him no f*ing way are you putting that crap on my car. I just thought that was so scummy. The amount i would have saved ended up equaling the $800 cost of lifetime sealant.
Buttholes.
Old 03-21-2002, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Yes the dealer I bought from will charge(TRY) more if trhey discount the car. They wanted 3.9

I told them the AOA rate was 2.9 and they gave it to me

C
Old 03-21-2002, 02:15 PM
F3A

How did you know AoA rate? I couldn't find it posted on AoA site anywhere.
Old 03-21-2002, 02:56 PM

Default that means dealer cannot control rate.

Your dealershop tried to lie to you.
In my case, when I order my car, dealer told me that what rate they could offer, but they didn't know what's gonna happen when my car arrive.
I guess, your dealer is not honest. As you know, now everybody can find auto company's special interest rates and any cash back.
There is no way to get under some rates.
They just tried to give you higher rates, and make some extra money.
That doesn't mean that they can control the rates.

I have a friend who live in CA, and he has one friend who is toyota dealer. He(friend of friend)
told me that now, everybody knows invoce and hold back and etc...So, dealers are trying to find some money from finance.
How?
If there is one bank which offers 5%, and another bank offers 10%. But, if the second bank offers some extra money or some more benefits, the dealer try to sell 10% of rates.
Basically, dealer cannot control finance rates.
They lie to buyer, and try to get some more money from it. Only banks and financial companies can control it.
Old 03-21-2002, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Can a dealer mark up the % of on a loan as the wish?

Sales manager at my dealer told me, 1% difference is their profit.
Old 03-21-2002, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default My honest dealer...

My dealer ran a current rate sheet. Almost every different month lease had a different lender. Some were local banks and some were AoA. I do not believe a dealer should get kickbacks from banks.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:38 PM

Default Yeah, the toilet scum at the dealership I bought the 02 from tried to sneak in an extra 1 percent...

I told them the AOA financing rates and they shut the hell up...indeed when they give you a good deal on the price, they try to assram you with the added APR, goddamn **** lickers...

Quick Reply: Can a dealer mark up the % of on a loan as the wish?