A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Can someone verify what size the '02 A4 Fog Light Bulbs are? I have Yellow H7's...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 07:19 AM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The color of choice overnight at LeMans differs by CLASS!

The GT class has different color headlights than the LMP classes. Tru fact.
Old 12-28-2001, 07:45 AM

Yes i took them out when i replace the headlamp bulbs
Old 12-28-2001, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I said Classic, not what's the current law. Not planning to drive in Germany.

Ever been in a fog bank? Do you think a cop would pull you over in pea-soup for useing a "fog" light? Not around here.
Old 12-28-2001, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That's real info. Probally keeps the 'vettes from getting run over by GT cars.

Thanks for chiming in. Saw a lot of races on SV and don't remember every detail. Would like to follow more closely next year.
Old 12-28-2001, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Maybe the yellows just work better in the fog!!!

I USE YELLOW FOGS on my one car and it works for me. If someone wants to research it, great. Ask Hella, Bosch and Impro why they sell yellow fog lights, I don't know what the optical reason is. Thats why I said don't ask me. The mantra comment was not really directed at you, Joe. Sorry, I know you are a knowledgable guy. I get a lot of those empty comments from the peanut gallery whenever I question Audi's info. Of course, Audi is restrained by DOT codes, that doesn't mean white lights are best for fog because that's what they have to put in. I am not afraid of some ***** cop pulling me over in the middle of a fog bank to review DOT regulations. Just won't happen here. Ever see superbikes with one white and one yellow? Catch one and ask him/her! Oh! I have actually seen Euro-spec cars with YELLOW FOGS built into the headlamp system. 300 Series MB comes to mind.
Old 12-28-2001, 08:28 AM

http://www.eur.lighting.philips.com/press/automotive/high_tech_systems.shtml
Old 12-28-2001, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I have actually seen Euro-spec cars with YELLOW FOGS built into the headlamp system. 300 MB, Ok?
Old 12-28-2001, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Can anyone ever disagree with you without getting flamed?

I thought the idea here was to exchange information. The only mantra I've seen so far is that disagreeing with NuA4 is verbotten.
Old 12-28-2001, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Look up what Classic means.Irate by stating facts?If you don't know why people use yellow, too bad.

Try re-reading the thread.
Old 12-28-2001, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks. I don't think anyone disagrees since nobody knows the function (a lot more...)

I think it is up to Joe0 to decide if I "flamed" him. I took his spaceship comment as a put-down, but realize it was just for fun. I did let that short mantra thing slip out which I retracted. I think the only inflamatory statment in this whole thread is when you asked "can all these people be wrong?" Am I not supposed to respond? All I was talking about was the "classic" use of fogs. Period. I supported that with an observation of OEM use by Mercedes-Benz (in good company here)and endurance racing, which is also true. So far, your "facts" refer to laws in...France? As an engineer, JoeO and myself would like to know why, and if, they actually work better. The physics involved. Can you help with that? Or are you just going to criticize the Forum users? If you feel you will get "flamed" (whatever that is) by argueing relavent facts (which you won't) then don't bother with my posts. Simple. Best way would be to start your own post, something like... I live my life based on what they do in France.

Quick Reply: Can someone verify what size the '02 A4 Fog Light Bulbs are? I have Yellow H7's...