A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Car filled with water!!!!! AGAIN!!!!!!!! Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Car filled with water!!!!! AGAIN!!!!!!!! Help

I parked car on incline yesterday morning. And after day of rain my passenger side footwell and rear passenger footwell had water in it!!! I assume it is the drain plug behind the battery that is causing this. Does anyone have other suggestions, also is there a write up on what to do to clean this. Also my car had a lot of trouble starting this morning and it looked like the battery reset or something. Any advice is appreciated
Old 01-28-2010, 11:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by musantemike
I parked car on incline yesterday morning. And after day of rain my passenger side footwell and rear passenger footwell had water in it!!! I assume it is the drain plug behind the battery that is causing this. Does anyone have other suggestions, also is there a write up on what to do to clean this. Also my car had a lot of trouble starting this morning and it looked like the battery reset or something. Any advice is appreciated
The plenum drain is directly underneath the battery. You can remove that and check. Or just run a hose for a bit and see if water collects. Another culprit could be sunroof drain tubes clogged, however you usually see water stains in the headliner.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had that problem on the driver side, usually started in the back and overflowed to the front. It seriously drove me nuts with my '96 A4. I tried clearing the plenum drain under the battery, made sure I kept the engine clear of leaves, etc. but the problem kept up. I wasn't able to check the sunroof drain though but had no stains in the headline so don't know it that was it. Be sure to check it too. May be much more difficult however.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default filled with water

check the drain under the battery and remove the plastic piece in there to avoid same situation in the future
hope the hard start is not water in the ecm box unit as it happens with high levels of water and damages the relays there

Originally Posted by musantemike