A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Courtesy Car Scuff marks....

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Courtesy Car Scuff marks....

Hey All,

Got a bit of a prob. I went to get my car serviced today and got a denim blue A4 as a courtesy car. The service tech pulled up in the undercover area of the dealership and gave me the keys. The car was dirty as hell on the outside and inside. I had the car for a few hours and then went home. When I got home I looked at the car and on the rear divers side fender was a nice scuff mark. Like as if it scapped against a concrete piller or something. I know I didn't do it because I would of felt it. Infact I was nowhere in the presence of a piller. I started freakin out because I think the dealership will think I did it. But I believe the scuff marks were there already. I know the damage can't be buffed out. I am worried that they will blame it on me. What should I do?
I think they were there from before. After all the car was really dirty inside and out, which makes me conclude that the car was not inspected from the previous driver that had. Basically it came in and went right out to me. What to do. I mean I will explain it to them as I did here. But what do you all think the outcome will be?
Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
TIA
Old 08-18-2004, 11:09 PM

Default Don't sweat it. This is a courtesy car, not a car rental.

Car retails involve predelivery walk-about inspections where you and the rental agent examine the car. Courtesy cars don't, therefore they can't pin that scuff mark on you if you didn't do it. If you think you did do it, well then that's just a matter of honesty.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Don't sweat it. This is a courtesy car, not a car rental.

Yeah, but they have my credit card info incase something happens to the care. I don't want 2 get stiffed with the bill 4 something I didn't do. U think I'll end up being responsible 4 the damage?
Old 08-19-2004, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Just call the svc rep and let him know before you drive it any more.

they may know about it already.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Courtesy Car Scuff marks....

same thing happened to me... except the srvc people did it to my car. then they denied it. that was fun...
Old 08-19-2004, 05:48 AM

Default Your post reads

like your gulity as hell. Maybe its me, but I think you did it and I wasnt even there. My advice is to keep your mouth closed when you return it. Dont explain something they didnt explain to you.

If they see it AND you did do it, own up to it. If they see it AND you know you didnt, state your case.

Like Shadyraven said if they dont do a walkaround with you they can blame you for bumps and bruises not pointed out. good luck.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Courtesy Car Scuff marks....

What happened in the end?
Old 08-19-2004, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Just call the svc rep and let him know before you drive it any more.

Yeah, but if they don't know about then they may have time to come up with something right? To deny it was them.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Your post reads

I'm not guilty dude. I would know if i smoked something with the car. I'm just choked because if it was indded already there they could have told me about.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:48 PM

Re: I would make the scuff disapear with more dirt!

Quick Reply: Courtesy Car Scuff marks....