A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Dealer called pissed off b/c I rated service poor

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer called pissed off b/c I rated service poor

The Sales Manager at Feduke Audi in Binghamton, NY called me b/c they received a "Customer Alert" from Audi yesterday. This was because I rated two aspects of their service poor (others rated as "very good")when called by Audi. He told me I shouldn't expect as high a level of service because I bought the car at another dealer (100 miles away.) I ended up hanging up on him.

Too bad for Feduke - My father was all set to buy a left-over A6 4.2 from them this week. Not gonna happen now!
Old 01-30-2003, 01:53 PM

which things did you rate as poor?
Old 01-30-2003, 01:58 PM

Default Re: which things did you rate as poor?

Audi asked "Were you offered Alternative TRansportation?" I said "No" because I wasn't.
Audi asked "How would you rate the dealer's expalnation of the repair on a scale of 1 to 5?" I said 2 because all they would tell me was that a part was replaced and that if I wanted to know more, I would have to come in during regular hours and talk to the technician. Otherwise I rated everything else as either a 4 or 5.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default As a matter of customer service

He should have either not called you if he didn't have any intention to hear your concerns, or should have called and sought additional information as to why you rated those two factors as poor.

Personally, I wouldn't have hung up on him either. I would have told him that the dealer was about to make another sale, but because of his unprofessional attitude, that the dealer lost it. Then I would have asked HIM to route me to the dealer's GM so I could relay that same message to him as well.

I don't take crap from people who are supposed to provide service. Don't take that, "You didn't buy from us" attitude. You may not have bought from him, but so what. Is he not billing AoA for the repairs his service center is providing?
Old 01-30-2003, 02:06 PM

Default I was coached by the sales guy on what and what not to say...

wasn't too impressed by this, but in the end I gave him good marks - car arrived when he said would.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm glad that AoA actually responds to the surveys

Glad to know that someone is listening.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:12 PM

i think they tell that to everyone ..salesman once told me to give him good rating for his children.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:13 PM

Default Re: I'm glad that AoA actually responds to the surveys

I think Audi is the only one listening in this case. I guess I was supposed to lie about my satisfaction with the dealer so he can get good grades - ha. Believe it or not, it took 2 return trips to get the service reminder reset after they did an oil change. They finally pulled out my owner's manual to figure out how. I didn't even mention this fiasco to Audi.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:18 PM

service and sales get bonuses for good surveys. thats why you're coached on them.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:23 PM

Default You did the right thing, I once burnt my dealer too because the service guy said that they have to

take priority with the customers that bought their cars there. What the fock, I, (we)should expect the same service from ANY audi dealer.

Quick Reply: Dealer called pissed off b/c I rated service poor