A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Debating between Roady 2 or SkyFi 2 for XM to replace the Alpine. Please post pictures of your...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debating between Roady 2 or SkyFi 2 for XM to replace the Alpine. Please post pictures of your...

install. My Alpine controller is currently sitting inside the factory ashtray...love that install. However, the Alpine has seen its day and time to move on. It does not have enough presets for one and the display is small.

I am leaning towards the Roady 2 since 1) it is smaller than the SkyFi 2, 2) has the red backlighting to match Audi's and 3) don't really care much for the pause/memory function of the SkyFi 2. The Roady 2 has the ticker feature that I like.

I wonder if it would be possible to mount the Roady 2 inside or just above the ashtray...may have to take out the door and do a custom frame..don't know. Feedback appreciated. Worst case, I may get a mount from ProClip and mount the unit on it next to the radio.

Please post pictures of your install of either unit.

Thanks!<ul><li><a href="http://www.proclipusa.com/home/home.aspx">Pro-Clip...</a></li></ul>