A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Discount Tire Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Discount Tire Sucks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well Discount called and said that my rim has arrived, if you remember, they totally abused and scratched my rim when i had them fix a nail in my tire. I go down there and the rim that they got was used and in worst condition than the rim they are replacing on my car. What is Discount thinking,,,,,,,,"oh lets replace the rim we screwed up with one that another shop has acquired because they screwed it up",......Im NEVER taking my car to discount again. I just found out that the Audi dealership fixes tires too, so that is where my car is going from now on. Im actually going to tell Discount that I am having the work done at the Audi dealership and I am going to make Discount pay for it...............DISCOUNT TIRE SHOULD BURN IN HELL.........

PS. I CANT BELIEVE THEY ACTUALLY TRIED TO PRY OPEN THE LUG COVERS WITH A SCREW DRIVER, INSTEAD OF USING AN ALLEN WRENCH TO UNSCREW THE COVER.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i second that
Old 10-20-2004, 08:36 AM

What wheels do you have that you need an allen wrench to unscrew the cover...RS4s are fake allens.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default My experience was good because

When I purchased my car, I bought from discount a road warrenty on my tires for 75.00. I got side-wall damage from hitting a brick and they replace my P6 and did a fine job. BTW, a good thing to do becasue the replacement cost was around 200 with balancing. I do watch them do the work BTW.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Either way, my rim shouldnt look as if some1 was trying to steal it.

They have been sooo unprofessional. If i wanted that kind of service I would have taken my car to Earl's tire on the side of Route 66.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:58 AM

I completely agree with you there! That sucks man!
Old 10-20-2004, 10:00 AM

Default i've had both good AND bad experiences.

you just have to find a salesperson that you trust and that will listen to you.

every time i go in there, i have to be *adamant* about them not scratching my wheels, putting their best tech on my car, etc.

keep in mind, 99% of people just don't care.

i even had a bad experience with my preferred location, but they went above and beyond the call of duty to fix it.

i wouldn't write off the entire chain based on your experience with ONE franchise/employee.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It should'nt have to be a game of Russian Roulette in order to get good service out of the Discount

tire repair is a competitive business. i give any service/retail business 1 chance. there are other tire shops that will treat their customers right the first time. One discount tire shop represents all of them. It should'nt have to be a game of Russian Roulette in order to get good service out of the Discount Tire chain.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:28 AM

Default you're right, but this isn't a perfect world.

don't get me wrong, i've personally had to deal with a bunch of crap from several different DT's. i'm more just playing devils advocate.

the thing is, you could go from shop to shop and NEVER be satisfied.

you just have to go into it KNOWING that 99.9% of tire techs don't care about your car, or doing good work. it's the nature of low-paying jobs. most of them are highschool kids trying to make a quick buck.

KNOWING that, i make sure that i take the initiative to be up-front in telling them that i expect to recieve my wheels/tires back in the same condition that they rolled in. if they are damaged in any way, i fully expect the shop to take responsibility.

that said, accidents DO happen. DT usually runs at a very fast pace, and you could have 3, 4, or 5 different people working on your wheels while you car is in the bay. it's tough to make sure that all of them know that you actually care about your car.

give them a chance to make things right. if they don't, then find another location or another chain...or elevate the issue to a manager.

in the future, ensure that you are proactive in covering your bases to minimize the risks. i.e. take off your centercaps ahead of time, tell them what parts of your wheel are prone to scratches, etc.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I have had no problems with them at all.