A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Driver side brake leights, headlight and turn signals not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver side brake leights, headlight and turn signals not working

Has anyone had a problem with only one side of the lights not working? It first started about a week ago saying brake light was out and I checked but both were working so I assumed it was the lid brake light on my cabrio. A few days later my indicator said left front fog light not working and noticed none of the lights on the left side work except for the side marker turn signal. So I went to the fog light and tapped a few times and went into my trunk to grab something and slammed the trunk and boom they all worked again. But, this morning when I went to go turn on my car it said left headlight beam was out and the problem is back again on the left side. Anyone know what could be the problem? Seems like the problem is intermittent.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audicabrio303
Has anyone had a problem with only one side of the lights not working? It first started about a week ago saying brake light was out and I checked but both were working so I assumed it was the lid brake light on my cabrio. A few days later my indicator said left front fog light not working and noticed none of the lights on the left side work except for the side marker turn signal. So I went to the fog light and tapped a few times and went into my trunk to grab something and slammed the trunk and boom they all worked again. But, this morning when I went to go turn on my car it said left headlight beam was out and the problem is back again on the left side. Anyone know what could be the problem? Seems like the problem is intermittent.
A little help, guys. This is driving me crazy!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

With all of your left side lights out and if slamming the trunk fixed it, then I would say it is a short somewhere. So either a connector in you harness is not seated or you have wire that has chaffed through. The only other thing I can possibly think is that with the LEDs (and I have no idea if this holds any water) one of them may be on the way out and therefore "sucking" all of the current in that circuit and not letting any go to the rest of the lights. Maybe unplug one light at a time starting with the headlight and see if that isolates the problem.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks I'm going to give this a try