A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

DTC 17545 - P1137

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 06:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read the MAF data and added it as attachment
How do i have to interpret this??
Old 11-28-2010, 06:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It doesnt save .csv files so i added it as .txt
Attached Files
File Type: txt
MAF readings.txt (3.7 KB, 212 views)
Old 11-29-2010, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

Not going to be much help here. Hopefully some others will.

1) To my knowledge, have nothing like that on the 1.8t. By the way, what is the best translation for "aandrijfeenheid".

2) Also, no idea about the MAF mapping.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi,

Aandrijfeenheid= drive unit

And to my understanding its a variable manifold with a short or long outlet route resulting in better throttle or something.
But after reading alot i dont think its really relevant for my problem.

As you said, i will check/clean the MAF.
Im now searching online for the mapping values.
The performance is very poor at the moment.

I did discover the O-ring in the breather valve was broken.
Luckily it didnt fall in.

I know its a small thing,and other people probably have bigger problems, but im always curious
if something doesnt operate the way it should.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think i found it
i cleaned the MAF some days ago to no avail
after cleaning it, it came up with another code:

17536 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Mult): System too Lean

P1128 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded

together with:

17545 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Add): System too Rich
P1137 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent

Also checked the mapping values which are way to low.

So im ready to replace the MAF
Old 01-05-2011, 04:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It was the MAF
I replaced it and what a difference
Old 01-05-2011, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

How long have you run the MAF? Maybe I will simply replace mine as well.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought the car at somewhere 83.000km and now the car has ran 97.000km so i would say 61.250 miles

Looking to fix the variable manifold next which should lead to better acceleration as well.

Checking if i have to replace the whole unit or to improvise something.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Good info. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It has been a while, but the

16804 - Catalyst System: Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold
P0420 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent

has returned more frequently since a few months. Every time i clear the code but it comes back. No CEL,nor real driveability problems think the fuel consumption is a little bit higher though.

According to Rosstech:

16804/P0420/001056 - Catalyst System; Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold
Possible Causes

* Leakage in Intake and/or Exhaust System
* Catalyst faulty
* Oxygen Sensor(s) faulty
* Oxygen Sensor(s) Control faulty

Possible Solutions

* Check Intake and Exhaust System for Leaks
* Check Catalyst
* Check Oxygen Sensor(s)
* Check Oxygen Sensor(s) Control
o Perform Oxygen Sensor(s) Aging Check
I found a thread submitted by someone (which is very useful)
and tested the MAF, O2 sensors and catalytic converter

All of them passed. Where should i look now?
Only thing that remains is *Leakage in Intake and/or Exhaust System
Which i couldnt see either..
Any ideas? Im just really curious.

This was the thread:

In order to test your MAF, O2 sensors and catalytic converter, check out the following blocks in the "Engine" control module with your VAG-COM. Blocks 002, 030, 032 and 033 are done in "Measuring Blocks" while blocks 036, 034 and 046 are done in "Basic Settings". Let me know if you have any questions about how to run the tests. (NOTE: The following tests are MKIV VR6 specific. If you have a 1.8T or 2.0 engine, the procedure from running the automated tests is slightly different. For a 1.8T engine, see this THREAD for instructions on how to initiate the tests. I'm not positive about the initiation procedure with a 2.0 engine, but from what I've found, with an AEG engine you manually raise the engine speed to between 1800 and 2200 RPMs, and with the AVH and AZG engines, you derpress the accelerator to the WOT (wide open throttle) position to raise the engine speed to ~2000 RPMs.

Block 002 - Load Registration

- Check the MAF airflow reading at idle. Make sure the car is running and warmed up and the A/C is off. Go to Block 002 and look in Field 4. The value at idle should be between 1 and 25 g/s. If it's lower than 1 g/s, then there is probably a leak in the intake tubing between the MAF and manifold.

Block 030 - Oxygen Sensor Regulation

- Go to Block 030. Field 1 is a three-digit binary code which gives the status of the pre-cat oxygen sensor. Field 2 is the same thing but for the post-cat oxygen sensor. The digits indicate whether or not the sensor heater is working and whether or not the oxygen sensor control is operational and active. The value should fluctuate between 111 (heater on) and 011 (heater off). The last two digits can also fluctuate between '1' and '0', but should be predominantly '1'.

Block 032 - Oxygen Sensor Control Learned Values

- Go to Block 032. Field 1 represents the fuel trim at idle (additive) and Field 2 represents the fuel trim at part load (multiplicative), i.e., while driving. The value should be between -10 and +10% (negative indicates the engine is running rich and positive indicates the engine is running lean). If the value is close to +25% (which is the upper limit), it usually means that the MAF is bad. If the value is somewhere betweeen +10 and +25%, it could mean that the pre-cat oxygen sensor is bad, there is a leak in the intake or that the MAF is on it's way out. The value I found for my car (VR6), which has a new 2.0 MAF and new oxygen sensors is +1.6%.

Block 033 - Pre-Cat Oxygen Sensor Control

- Go to Block 033. The value in Field 1 represents the pre-cat oxygen sensor control. The value should fluctuate at least 2% in the -10 to +10% range.

Block 036 - Post-Cat Oxygen Sensor Control

- Go to Block 036 (this test must be done in basic settings, not measuring blocks). Depress and hold brake pedal to run the automated test. The engine RPMs should raise to around 1400. Field 1 is post-cat sensor voltage. It must fluctuate slightly between 0 and 1V. Field 4 will say either 'TEST OFF/ON' before/while the test is running and either 'B1-S2 OK' (sensor is good) or 'B1-S2 NOT OK' (sensor is bad) after the test is finished. Release the brake pedal after the test finishes.

Block 034 - Aging of Pre-Cat Oxygen Sensor

- Go to Block 034 (this test must be done in basic settings, not measuring blocks). Depress and hold brake pedal to run the automated test. The engine RPMs should raise to around 1400. Field 1 is the engine speed. Field 2 is the catalytic converter temp. Field 3 is the value which tells you how aged the sensor is (not sure what it's called). Field 4 will say either 'TEST OFF/ON' before/while the test is running and either 'B1-S1 OK' or 'B1-S1 NOT OK' after the test is finished. The aging value must be above 0.80. The value for a new sensor is 1.99. The value will decrease as the sensor ages. Release the brake pedal after the test finishes.

Block 046 - Catalytic Converter

NOTE: The test in Block 034 must be done just before this test or it will NOT initiate!

- Go to Block 046 (this test must be done in basic settings, not measuring blocks). Depress and hold brake pedal to start the automated cat. test (last approx. 100 secs - the cat needs to be warmed up above a certain threshold for an accurate reading - the threshold is usually 400°C). The engine RPMs (Field 1) should raise to around 1400. Field 2 is the cat. temp. This will also rise during the test. Field 3 is the cat. conversion efficiency. If the cat is good, the value should be below 0.50 at the end of the test. Field 4 will indicate if the cat is good (CAT B1 - OK) or bad (CAT B1 - NOT OK). Release the brake pedal after the test finishes.

Quick Reply: DTC 17545 - P1137