A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Early B6 owners, get out yer manual! In the oil service section, it says "Factory-Filled with 0w-30"

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default It's not "DATA" stupid, it's INFORMATION! My INFORMATION says 0w-30.

Factory-Fill does not require a part number, does it? I assure that there is a PN for 0w-30 in USA, also I suspect when the 5w-40 PN you supplied is requested, a bottle of Castrol 5w-40 will appear, which is now a USA product, rather than the the "Edge" that does NOT carry the spec. Are you willing to bet that Euro manuals do not even allow 0w-30 while their Official Oil, Castrol has only ONE product there that meets specs, a 0w-30? Further, how hard would it to be to obtain a sample from a new Audi and get a visc test? wtf, does USA "Products Division" do anyway? Sounds like Customer Support to me, hardly the ocean of technical wisdom you seem convinced it is, do they fill engines? So, you are on thin ice with being so convinced of all the crap you posted, it's a joke and seeing FF stated as 0w-30 in the B6 manual and 0w-30 being the only in-spec oil Castrol should have been a wake-up-call.

This issue in not closed, not that I care and am pretty sick of dealing with you being such an idiot about it, I don't give a **** what you "think" because you won't be convinced of anything other than the mistaken notions you've already shared. I care maybe about the poor reader of B6 who gets lost in all your crap theory and might miss the *simple facts* that you are fully unable to grasp. btw- stop asking me for "data" you idiot, it's *information*, anyone with a technical background would know the difference, but you will probally argue the contrary.

ftr- the "information" you seek is right in front of you, regardless of the bull**** Marjorie of USA "Products Division" aka "Online Tech" sholveled out for you. I'll see you, when in a certian time I FEEL like gaining the true INFORMATION supplied to European customers, which won't be hard....I know you won't bother to undertake the task yourself, because I KNOW your type, someone who stops looking for answers when they find something that supports the conclusion they have already made. That's poor research and bad science, it is in fact, quite sad and you will regret it.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default LOL.. glad you "assure" and "suspect" all that. How about posting the actual information...

At least I have actual done ANY research to find information. You post things like...

"I suspect when the 5w-40 PN you supplied is requested, a bottle of Castrol 5w-40 will appear"

Really? Where did you pull that from? Oh yeah, no where because it is just what you "suspect". Now, that's great research AJ. I know you are aware castrol formulates unique formulations for OEM manufacturers in many cases but you wouldnt want to "suspect" that would you? No, you'd rather just support your weak argument that actually has NO data except post sludge manuals that are deemed invalid by Audi in writing since the oil sludge TSB.

Looks like you also "SUSPECT" the products division is their customer service department? You are wrong but that's what you get from suspecting instead of actually researching that department.

No take on the bet huh? Now, who's backing down. I dont get it? You seemed so sure of yourself but now you want to take your time huh? Still not able to answer the question on what german sold and used oil your GC 0w-30 is? Ignoring that one too huh?

AJ quote...

"when in a certian time I FEEL like gaining the true INFORMATION supplied to European customers, which won't be hard...."

Good, how about you go out there and actually gain that information and win yourself $100 bucks instead of posting like you have it "solid documentation" ....LOL. I'll put you in on my calendar for 90 days. I'll expect that paypal payment at that time which should be more than enough since it "won't be hard" for you to come up with...LOL. Thanks bud.

cheers! Mike