A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Followup to window screeching thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Followup to window screeching thread

So I had a very bad experience with DCH Milburn.
Called Audi about the window screeching issue and also the radio peeling. Complained about DCH Milburn.

Here's what Audi said.
1. Window screeching - go back to dealer and talk to the service manager. They called him and I should go back in. I told them I would never go back to DCH Milburn again. I even found a door ding from when it went in there.

I'm going to Town this weekend. Finally called genuineaudiparts for a quote on a new window. They quoted me approx $40 bucks!!! All this trouble over a $40 buck part. I'll pay for a new window myself. Jeez.

2. Radio Peeling - it's not covered under warranty. It's a wear and tear item. Okay, 3 year old car has paint peeling off the radio - niiice.

Audi tell you that you need to resolve things with the individual dealer/service manager.
Also they told me that they do not have a list of items that are covered under CPO warranty that they could give me.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yeah, AoA needs to provide clear policy guidance to the dealerships for consistant...

interpretation of the warranty and other issues.
The dealers need leadership from AoA, if they are going to improve the stature and reputation of Audi's owner satisfaction ratings.

But regardless, the CPO warranty should cover the window problems without question. And, the fact that there is no defined set of inclusions and limitations of coverage of the CPO warranty, then coverage would be similar to the same scope of the original factory warranty.
Many interior peeling problems have been taken care of under warranty for individual owners. The peeling issue, specifically excluded from coverage terms for 2004> M.Y.s, (I think,) does not retroactively apply to prior model years.
Was there any evidence of peeling when you took delivery of the CPO A4?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Suggestion, ...

Reconsider returning to DCH Milburn, they may have some motivation to insure your issues are corrected. A salvaged relationship is better than burned bridges, but requires some reasonable room by both parties to negotiate.

If the above is not possible, then ask AoA to call the second dealership's service manager, as they did with the first. AoA cannot require you deal with any specific dealership or limit your choice to use the dealership best for you.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Did not see any peeling when I purchased. It's only on the Symphony

maybe I will think about replacing the symphony head unit with a nav or symphony II one day if it starts getting ugly.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Thanks for advice. I don't feel comfortable with DCH Milburn

I am going to Town tomorrow morning. I'll see what they say and maybe offer to pay for window myself if it helps sweeten things up :-)
Old 05-04-2007, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.