A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

forced induction advice/ EPC +ESP in RAIN????

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default forced induction advice/ EPC +ESP in RAIN????

.i just picked up a 03 A4 Avant quattro 3.0 AT5 about a month ago, and I'm looking to put some serious power down. I am seriously considering a supercharger from a c6 A6 3.0T any 3.0T. Has ANYONE out there done this and if so please let me know how extensive the install was or if it is even possible to do such a retrofit on an AVK 3.0.
Or MAYBE just MAYBE a twin turbo setup. The one thing I know for certain is I absolutely want and NEED to do a lot to this beast. As of right now it is pretty stock except for BC BR series coilovers ,rolling on 18" 2021 black GTI split 5s, and res delete straight to awe mufflers, with a custom CAI and it sounds and looks good. But I need the power, not many companies out there have tunes available, Unitronic only getting 16hp. If you know of other tunes please lmk, I have also been looking for a new throttle body assembly and injectors and fuel pump upgrades. i need to swap TB anyway since it keeps going into LIMPMODE when it rains throwing throttle position sensor code, and TOO LEAN ,but everytime it rains i get EPC and ESP light which obviously causes the dreaded LIMPMODE!!??!!??
This has been bothering me lately since All I see is TB is generally the fix but WHY? For the code I get it but the rain WTF? I think it is somehow moisture is getting in ECU. Im thinking of wrapping ECU housing just to see if thats it or eliminate it and move to next suggestion , if anyone else has one SERIOUSLY LMK.
All help and suggestions are appreciated.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

Not sure you will find anyone that has done a supercharger. Wouldn't assume the internals are the same between the B6 3.0 and the C6 3.0. I would assume there was some strengthening, but don't know. I have a 2013 S5 and it is a nice amount of power.

As to the twin turbo setup, there are a couple of people on Audizine that did anything like that was a full transplant with a B5 / C5 2.7 twin turbo. Again, internals are different on the 2.7 to handle the probably 400 plus horsepower. And, very involved...not for the feint of heart. search on "transplant".
Old 04-13-2021, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Swap of a 2.7T into a B6 is a very well documented path to high power, uses donor parts that can be found cheap and is basically a bolt-in process;
https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...DIY-Swap-Guide

Swapping an entire c6 A6 3.0T engine would be a big hassle due to the direct injection, very different fueling system. I dont know if it would be possible to adapt just the supercharger from a c6 A6 3.0T to your existing engine but even it if the supercharger could bolt-on, it would likely be a huge headache and require extensive understanding of the ECU and electronic modules to ever get working. I would estimate 10X the effort and cost to get a supercharged 3.0T working well as compared to a 2.7T. A turbo is also much more therodynamically efficient than a blower and turbo easily lends itself to easy use of an intercooler so the HP potential from a turbo setup is much higher.

Figure out your EPC/ESP issue before doing anything. Could be a dying ABS module? I fixed an EPC/ESP issue on my 1.8T B6 by replacing the brake pedal sensor.