A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Fuel Gauge and Computer Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I'm resurrecting this tread as I don't see an A3 equivalent.

Same issue as many of you had, filled up when reaching 50 miles left in tank, but still states empty. Now car states 0 miles, and continuing with more or less a full tank.
I checked the manual for my Audi A3 2.0 tdi saloon (2013) and while I can see the instrument cluster fuse located behind the glove box (UK car) fuse F17, I cant see anything for fuel in both the interior fuse box or the one in the engine.
Is there something different about the diesels or has it been renamed to something else?

Any advice would be appreciated. I have the car booked in for a few weeks time, so would like to try this fix before I start spending money on sensors (which of course, it may well be).

My car had its driver side (right) rear arch and bumper scratched by an employee parking at work, so its been returned from the insurance company who fixed it. They did state new fuel flap. It seems to be too much of a coincidence, but wondering how simply changing a fuel flap (assuming the body coloured flap you open to put fuel in ) could interfere with the sensor?

Old 04-07-2024, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steviedr
Hi,

I'm resurrecting this tread as I don't see an A3 equivalent.

Same issue as many of you had, filled up when reaching 50 miles left in tank, but still states empty. Now car states 0 miles, and continuing with more or less a full tank.
I checked the manual for my Audi A3 2.0 tdi saloon (2013) and while I can see the instrument cluster fuse located behind the glove box (UK car) fuse F17, I cant see anything for fuel in both the interior fuse box or the one in the engine.
Is there something different about the diesels or has it been renamed to something else?

Any advice would be appreciated. I have the car booked in for a few weeks time, so would like to try this fix before I start spending money on sensors (which of course, it may well be).

My car had its driver side (right) rear arch and bumper scratched by an employee parking at work, so its been returned from the insurance company who fixed it. They did state new fuel flap. It seems to be too much of a coincidence, but wondering how simply changing a fuel flap (assuming the body coloured flap you open to put fuel in ) could interfere with the sensor?

issue self resolved: 180 miles into a full tank (still reading empty) and decided to fill her up.
back in the car and it’s now reading full.
must have been some sort of pressure thing?
it’s counting down as normal and gauge is also reducing…hopefully sorted ..