A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Got another flat tire... this time on NJ Turnpike at 11pm.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got another flat tire... this time on NJ Turnpike at 11pm.

seems like S03s like to go around 21k miles on them. Just a reminder for u guys out there.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default least you can go far, i got 4 holes in 4 tires, soon as i replaced 3 of them

i replaced 3, next day got glass in 1, and a screw in the next. had those 2 patched, then the otehr two got screws in them, which i am currently driving on...

been filling them up every couple of days with air, bc the tire place said they wouldnt patch bc they were already worn pretty bad. so finally i got fix a flat and i only have to fill up once every few days now
Old 10-11-2004, 11:16 PM
f3d
AudiWorld Uber User

dont lie...you drove out of a car rental place the wrong way didnt you
Old 10-11-2004, 11:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default lol i wish, least then id know why i keep getting screwed, literally

no really, check this out

i had 4 tires on my car... 2 were getting burned down pretty bad... so i bought two more to replace, but then the guy at the shop said, we dont have 4, but you can get 3 (since one of the back ones was kinda worn too)... so i replaced 3 of them bc they were worn down. next day, came out to my car before class in the morn to see a flat tire. limped to gas station armed with 2 quarters. popped them in the machine, only to have my money taken. so then i had to change my tire right there before school...

later that day after class i take flat tire to shop, they take out glass and plug it for free (manager said i looked like i was havin a bad day)

next day i hear this loud thumping in my left front tire, and what do you know, a lame screw...

i recieved 2 new wheels with tires in the mail that day, popped them on, and moved the 2 good tires from the back, up to the front. and put my new ones on the back. then i get a screw in the right front one again, i have to fill it up daily. then the left on gets a screw the next day, have to fill this one up every 2 days. i get so pissed that finally i have to exhange it with the spare in my trunk. the one that i took off the front when i got my new wheels, and guess what, it has a screw in it too

today i have 2 screws in my front tires, and my spare has a screw in it. i have 2 good tires on the back, and fix a flat holding the air in the front right one bc the shop said they wouldnt fix it bc it was too worn down

i hate tires.... sorry for the long rant
Old 10-12-2004, 08:57 AM
f3d
AudiWorld Uber User

Default coulda been worse, tho you spent more $ than i did...

i had a slow leak in 2 tires, one was the front left, which i limped to a gas station on numerous times to fill up, then one day it was pretty cold out too, so betweenthe leaking air and the air compresing? (is that the right word?) in the cold temps it was completely flat with the nice lil crease on the sidewall telling me to not even move it. so i give up on it and open the trunk, i take out the spare and let it bounce from the trunk to the ground, yup, flat as a 7 yr old girls chest! so i had to make a friend drive me with the spare to a gas station 5 mins away from her house to fill up the spare so i could drive to the gas station with the spare on to have the tire on ym black wheel plugged and filled so i could drive home to NY...

i swear every toll booth i went thru on i-95 between DC and NY i paused and stuck my head out the window looking at the tire...