A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Got my 20K service somming up. How much to dealer charge for tire rotation?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my 20K service somming up. How much to dealer charge for tire rotation?
Old 08-14-2003, 08:47 AM

Dealer did mine for free.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:36 AM

$14.95 plus tax!
Old 08-14-2003, 09:53 AM

Default dealer charged me $50. i will never ever use dealer for non-warranty stuff again

AOA called me afterward and asked how my service was and i gave so-so marks and she said "can you explain why you weren't satisfied?" and i said "because audi is the most overpriced service department ever"

then she had the nerve to ask if i'd use audi again for work and i was like "hell no"
Old 08-14-2003, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You gave them so-so marks because they charged you for a service they provide?

Sorry, but I think you overreacted. Your service department is there to make money, period. If they cannot charge a bill back to Audi as warranty work, they need to charge it to someone to get paid for the time they spend doing the work. You are that someone. Did they inform you of the charge before you authorized the work? If not, you have a gripe (only if the assumption was that it would be free). If you signed off on the work, I think they did nothing wrong.

Service departments (and the employees of them) depend on your ratings for their reviews as well as potential bonus dollars that are contingent upon good customer feedback. Giving them poor feedback because you think you overpaid is not why they follow-up with that call.

If you thought you were getting a raw deal, you never should have authorized the work in the first place.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:30 AM

Default if you're a costco member do it there...

it's free to rotate and $4/tire to balance if you didn't buy the tires there.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:44 AM

Default well

maybe my story wasn't complete

the service advisor actually told me it would be around 50 bucks. i said "ouch", but agreed to have it done assuming he could do something about the price.

he said he would see what he could do about the price

then he handed me the bill at the end and the price hadn't changed one bit and he didn't say anything about even trying to get it lower.

and then he said, "i need all 5's on the service" and walked away w/out even asking if i had any questions.

so it wasn't as good as a normal service.
but you are mostly correct. bad marks for high prices aren't justifiable.

but i do think saying i won't go back because of high prices is sort of justifiable...it's a decent reason, and i made it clear that's why i wasn't going back.

and i gave the guy a 4 instead of a 5. it's not like i completely shafted him

oh well....
Old 08-14-2003, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Reading that, I retract most of what I said...

Didn't mean to jump down your throat, sounds like you had more to complain about than the price. And yes, high prices is a completely valid reason to avoid the dealer when possible.

The whole business of telling the customers to give them 5's is also completely fvcked up. There's an even more fvcked up reason why they do it, though. When it comes time to dole out the bonus cash that I mentioned, anything lower than a 5 is considered a blemish in Audi's eyes. The whole system is a big mess and does anything <i>but</i> motivate employees and create good customer relationships.

Glad we got that resolved... :&gt
Old 08-14-2003, 11:36 AM

Default $79!! But...

I complained that the price was outrageous and they have me a break on some other non-warranty work I had done at the same time.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:48 AM
RBF

Default just asked the dealer yesterday $45.00...

2002+ wheel alignment not underwarranty...
that S@#ks!

Quick Reply: Got my 20K service somming up. How much to dealer charge for tire rotation?