A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Got rearended last night on the highway. MORE

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 11:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got rearended last night on the highway. MORE

im driving along, and for some reason, a cop decides to pull someone over on the wrong side of the road. Cop stops in the left lane. Im behind him stopped waiting, all of a sudden i hear tires screech. IM like ****, BAM i get hit, and get pushed a few feet and my head almost hits the windshield. Im like F#CK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get out, look at my car expecting to see my trunk in my backseat and all i see is small scratches on my bumper. THATS IT. The guy that hit me messed up his hood, grill, and headlight. I really cant believe that I walked out of this with just 3 scratches. And as for my person goes, im fine. I love my audi. Looking to get the C6 A6 in a few months. Ill post pics after i wash my car.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:35 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default umm, the cop didn't pull the person over on the wrong side of the road.

The person pulled over on the wrong side of the road. The officer has the necessary lights to alert traffic, whcih it obviously did for you.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang...that sucks dude! at least u walked away with just a few scratches
Old 02-05-2005, 11:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who cares, the cop isnt the point of the story.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Don't get excited, just take out your bumper cover because this is what you scratched.

Had simmilar accident with my Passat. On the outside just a scratch, inside, smashed bumper.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default girl...........................did u drive in all that snow

with that rubber? how'd it go?
Old 02-06-2005, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Just make sure he didn't screw up any of the shock absorbing components under the bumper...

I had a similar thing happen in my B5 A4 and it looked liked nothing, then they took the bumper off & it turned out I needed new shock absorbing units (whatever they call them). Especially if it's his fault, take it to the dealership to get it checked out. Something had to take the impact!
Old 02-06-2005, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default well... that is the root cause of the problem.

In all likeliness, if the person who got pulled over by the cop would've pulled over to the correct shoulder, people would not have been rubber necking the traffic incident and then you wouldn't have gotten hit.

Also, word to the wise.. If you get rear ended on the highway, you should NEVER get out of your car to take a look at the damage. If you can safely move your over to the shoulder, do so. You never know what can come barreling down the highway at you high speeds. And staying in your car is a lot safer than trying to get out and inspect the damage.

On that note.. I'm glad to know that you were not harmed and that the A4 is strong.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Second that.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:53 AM

Default definitely...

dad's Merc got rearended by a civic. Exterior looked fine. They took out the bumper to check and the whole rear end structure was bent in. There was a bar that ran horizontally across the back behind the bumper that got bent far enough to touch the spare tire well.

Quick Reply: Got rearended last night on the highway. MORE