A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

got ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm talking about when there is very little traffic and...

some wide open space. Even doing 80 isn't all that fast, especially when traffic is moving at a pretty good pace. And what really pisses me off is, when traffic is moving, you get some slow *** mo fo in the fast lane who won't move over. THAT'S how people get hit.
Old 04-11-2004, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I would be that **** doing 70. Please observe the V1 counter and pass at your own risk.
Old 04-11-2004, 05:44 PM

Default So you want the detrmination of whether or not your commiting a crime to rest on a cop's perception?

because thats what would have to happen if you change the law so that the speed limit is higher when traffic is light. And i for one barely trust most cops to accurately judge my speed (an objective fact). let a cop have subjective judgement on the criminality of my actions? ha i wouldn't in a million years, and i love driving fast
Old 04-11-2004, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default That sucks. Dunno where you live, but if you get nailed in VA for 20mph over it's reckless

or anything over 80, even in a 65 zone (I think the highest the state has.) Dunno where you are but I'm sure you have mandatory court appearance, you def. want to talk to - and probably hire - an atty for close to $1,000. You very well may lose your license for a month or 3. Hopefully your record is clean, cuz (again, this is VA) you could go to jail for that kinda speed.

I'm not saying you're wrong or the speed limits & enforcement penalties here in the USA are a joke, but the key is not getting caught. But whenever I hear of someone getting busted, it makes me think twice next time I have the oppty & safe conditions. So I guess in a sense the law has worked. Ouch.

Best of luck. Let us know how it turns out. At least you weren't in traffic & it was late. & thank god you weren't drinking (I assume).
Old 04-12-2004, 08:50 AM

Default didnt get arrested, i was cooperative to the cop, just did a breath test and passed...

what would happen if i got reckless driving on my record?
Old 04-12-2004, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Well in VA you'd get 6 points, dep. on record your ins. might drop you. Plus a fine...

lawyer got my ex's down to $100 but would've been like $700. She was doing 86/55. I'm sure when you call their phone line of doom, you'll find out there's some $ amt/mph over and you're probably looking at something insane. $1,500?? Who the hell knows. You likely will feel (as I would) that the State is ripping you a new one for no reason. Hate to say it, but at some point, you'll probably have to drop that & realize there's nothing you can do but ride the wave of **** - for your sanity. Get the lawyer, tho. I'm sure that applies no matter where you are.