A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Great service from my dealer. (long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great service from my dealer. (long)

I am posting this in the general forum instead of the Canadian forum so that anyone getting bad service from their dealer can print out this post and drop it on their service managers desk.

Bought my '02 A4 1.8 TQ in Feb/02 from Bramgate Audi in Brampton (near Toronto) Ontario. The service has been fantastic. Always a loaner. The type ranges from an A4, Jetta, A6, and once a '02 S4. Depends on what they have, but always clean. Since the dealer is about 45 min away, I usually drop my car, pick up the loaner, and return the next day. The loaner is alway clean.

They always wash and wipe down the interior after evey service.

At the service today, I had a list of a few problems that I needed fixed.

Me: Even thought this sevice was booked in advance, I just notice that I am at 59,000 Km. Can you do the 60K service at the same time?
Brian (Servic Manager): No problem, it will take a bit longer though, I'll give you a loaner car and you can go out for a while.

Me: Can I have the coils replaced under recall?
Brian: No problem.

Me: The paint has chipped off a bit on the drivers side wiper arm, can you do anything about that.
Brian: We will replace the wiper arm.

Me: The inner fender is hanging down a bit on the driver's side rear, can you fix it?
Brian: (after inspecting it) We will order a new one and call you when it is in.

Me: The cupholder in the dash appears to have broken, the spring loaded retainer on the bottom fell out.
Brian: We will replace it.

Me: I am getting an intermitent "right rear light" message. It comes on about once every 3 weeks or so.
Brian: We will look at it. (They replaced all the bulbs in the rear right, and said if it happens again they will replace the whole assembly)

Now my son had put a hockey stick throught the right rear speaker cover, and we had ordered the cover in. Apparently the cover is plastic welded from the inside of the panel to reduce vibration, and to replace it means removing the door panel, drilling out the welded plastic pegs, inserting the new panel and plastic welding it in place. He had warned me that the book rate for this is 1.5 hrs. (I don't know the shop rates elsewhere, but theirs is $92 hr CDN). Pretty expensive job for such a small thing, but I couldn't live with an imperfect car. So I go for a drive in the loaner, since I have the day off and it will take about 3 hrs for the work. I pass a Krispy Kreme on the way back to the dealership, and think "the guys at the shop are good to me, I take them a dozen". They loved them. Everyone is happy, we all talk Audi talk. Then I get the bill.

Brian: Even though the book rate for the speaker was 1.5 hrs. I talked to the mechanic and he agreed to 1.0 flat. I also gave you a 10% discount for being a good customer.
Me: WOW!

I love my Audi and I love the service.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:13 PM

92 CDN an hour WTF.....I have to pay 90 or 95 US an hour
Old 06-27-2003, 03:24 PM

Default That's the first dealer I went to when shopping for my audi,

sales guy was a goof! ended up going elsewhere...dont know what their service is like though.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:31 PM

Default So there is a benefit to living north of the border....

Besides using the Quattro system 5 months of the year!
Old 06-27-2003, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yupp, 18 to do anything Re: So there is a benefit to living north of the border....

when i was in montreal that is. i miss it. :-(~
Old 06-27-2003, 05:58 PM

Default I pay CDN$68/hour at my dealer

dirt cheap by many standards
Old 06-27-2003, 09:13 PM

That makes two great dealers now
Old 06-28-2003, 05:42 AM

Where is your dealer?
Old 06-28-2003, 06:02 AM

Chatam Ont.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Expert

what fender are you talking about??

Quick Reply: Great service from my dealer. (long)