A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Greenday

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sooo... how was the show?
Old 01-29-2005, 07:31 AM

Default ....just my 5¢ ---- 2nd » not whole America but just a half........

3rd » by "illigal" I think he mean when every other country including UE is against that.

4th » it's maybe questionable use of word "criminals" but surely they sent a lot of young souls to die for no particular reason.

Why nobody give a crap about millions of people dying during war in Africa ....ups there is no oil over there. I forgot.

5th » Who the hell are you to say something like that.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Not a conservative - libertarian.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default eat a t3rd loser

you started a fight, and a fight is what you got.

now you're all crying like a baby cause he was being offensive.. that's exactly what you wanted.. so shutup.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:29 PM

Default ah but therein lies the fundamental base of democracy....the majority, no matter how slim it may be

rules. so when he says "america supports the president" the implication is that "america reelected the president", which is what happened, both in the popular vote and the electoral college (which i have my own opinion on, but that's a whole separate issue)

and on a separate note, i do take issue with the whole "no particular reason" bit....even according to the most pessimistic, partisan news reports, good is being done in iraq and for the first time in over three decades (when the french basically put saddam in power) iraqis aren't living in fear of a secret police that will "disappear" their family and friends. is the situation there perfect now? no, definitely not, but at least there's a possibility for change
Old 01-29-2005, 02:38 PM

care so much about people rights?..what about rest of the world? asia? africa? .stop watching CNN
Old 01-29-2005, 02:45 PM

Default i get news from places other than cnn

and have contributed what i can to various aid agencies for tsunami victims. as for africa, i don't think military action is the answer yet...look at what happened when we tried to use military force to break up ethnic conflict in Bosnia - it was a mess. Granted, over the course of a decade and billions spent, the situation has improved dramatically, but one must wonder if that's always the right answer. With Saddam, i think violence was the only option left...years of struggling to enforce UN resolutions and negotiate with his regime led to almost nowhere. remember, we have had a continual military presence over almost half of iraq for almost 15 years...that fact alone i think makes war almost inevitable. anywho, i digress and this post is getting way too long. so i'll try to sum my ramblings up by saying that iraq is but one problem in the world, but fixing that problem would itself be a significant accomplishment towards making the world better
Old 01-29-2005, 10:06 PM

Default you kidding me right?.....

<i>"look at what happened when we tried to use military force to break up ethnic conflict in Bosnia"</i>
<b>In Bosnia US was a part of Peace forces supervised by UN and NATO (KFOR etc.)...and by the way what is done today? US government is engaging into conflict with religion extremists and ethnic groups in Iraq. This is waaay moredangerous than Bosnia. Remember that whole arab world is watching too (Iran, Saudis etc.)</b>

<i>"as for africa, i don't think military action is the answer yet"</i>
<b>...you right ...over 2 milion civilians died and there is no hurry. 12 yo are running with granades, and "goverment" is holding mass executions almost every week. You right, there is plenty of time</b>

<i>"iraq is but one problem in the world, but fixing that problem would itself be a significant accomplishment towards making the world better"</i>
<b>You are very very naive better for who? For National US oil reserve maybe but you should see last BBC intervies with Iraquis..they don't give a ****e about free elections, or US support...they simply don't have food now, their kids are shot by snipers on the street, they don't have a fresh water. Now try to convince them that maybe in 5 years will be better.

...also I should probably mention that too bad US wasn't that fast to help Europe destroy gas chambers (Auschwitz, Treblinka etc. ) where millions of people lost their lives. Same during cold war (60s in Czehoslovakia or 70s in Poland) But hey ...they didn't have any business to engage &amp; there is no OIL over there.

We have way bigger threat today from countries like Korea, way bigger than Iraq. If you know history you should know that Russians couldn't win with middle eastern extremists (war in Afghanistan for example) for last 20+ years. What makes you think that US will?

This is war for OIL and you need to be blind to don't see it. </b>
Old 01-29-2005, 11:20 PM

Default The USA is not a true democracy, it's a republic....

The Electoral College was set up so no one state wouldn't dictate the fate of a nation. It's part of our system of checks and balances.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:54 AM

Default Re: If they have that right, then so does A4Rye!

Well said, Jeff!!