A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Has anyone been busted by Audi service for using the turbo chip?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone been busted by Audi service for using the turbo chip?

If you have the chip, and Audi service has found it. What has been their reaction? Have they refused to service the engine under warranty?
Old 07-01-2003, 08:24 AM

They can refuse to fix any part that may have been damaged by the chip
Old 07-01-2003, 08:28 AM
Ler

Default When I talked to the service writer...

he told me exactly what skibum said. He even handed me a service memo they recieved Jan 2001 telling dealers that they would not be reimbursed if the fixed something chip-related and tried to categorize it as warranty work. Makes me think of staying stock...

Damn these decisions =)
Old 07-01-2003, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Almost right: They can refuse to fix any part that WAS damaged by the chip

Legally the burden of proof is theirs, not yours and they can't deny warranty work based on speculation; i,e,. they have to PROVE that the chip contributed to or caused the failure.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:41 AM

Default Re: When I talked to the service writer...

My question is if you use the new Direct Port Programming method the APR is comming out with and i were to reprogram the unit back to stock before I took the car in how could they tell? Since this new method will not require you to physically alter your ECU I don't think that they would have a clue that you did anything, but I don't really know for sure.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:38 AM

Default As always, it depends on the dealer. For example, my local dealer organizes APR group buys.

I also get the impression from reading posts here that Audi dealerships in the US are far more fussy with respect to chip / warranty issues. In comparison, the dealers I've worked with in Canada have been very open and relaxed, i.e.) they offered to order and install my APR Stage I chip.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: When I talked to the service writer...

Same concern...

Do either Revo or APR have a way to reprogram back to stock when taking it in for service without taking it back to Revo or APR for them to de-program and re-program?
Old 07-01-2003, 11:29 AM

Default No chip/software is undetectable. If they want to find out they will

Revo doesn't claim its software is undetectable. Something called a propriatory device can determine if software is present even when a Vag shows it isn't. You roll the dice when you chip!
Old 07-01-2003, 11:54 AM

Default I think they say it's "invisible." Plus, it is flashable too, which won't trigger an alarm with the

mechanics. But as I've heard, complete reflashing is rare (when you do only partial reflashing, the main program stays within its compartment. But if it's a complete reflashing, then you'd have to go back to REVO dealer to get it reprogrammed - this is done, like I said, so as not to alarm the mechanics). Anyway, I do however agree that nothing is undetectable and I'm sure if you dig hard enough, you may just find it. Just thinking out loud.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:59 AM
Jo2
AudiWorld Super User

Default Which, in a perfect world would be great, but how many people can let there car sit at the dealer...

assuming its not driveable because of some reason, while a dealer proves that a chip caused it (most likely by taking the dealer to court and making them actually prove it).

Quick Reply: Has anyone been busted by Audi service for using the turbo chip?