A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Help! Checklight came on and pulled the fault codes

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Checklight came on and pulled the fault codes

going up a slight incline and Check light came on. Drove to next exit and pulled over. Pulled up the hood and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. No leaks etc. Even checked the oil just to make sure. Oil was kool.

Drove the car home-about 10 miles. Engine sounds fine, still getting power and boost (i think), engine is not misfiring or doesn't sound weird. anyway, pulled the codes;

1 Fault Found:
16683 - Boost Pressure Regulation: Control Range Not Reached
P0299 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent

Sounds like I'm not boosting?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I already cleared the code but have not taken my car out to see if it comes out again. Tx.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That code is an underboost code. What boost are you holding at high rpms?

If you are holding boost but not what you expect then it probably isn't a boost leak.

Right now I peak at 16psi and hold at 12psi and if I go WOT in 4th gear I throw that code.

My shop check the car for leaks and didn't find any. They said that if I can hold 12psi for a while at high RPM there is no leak. If there was a leak the pressure would have opened up the crack and evacuated already.

APR wants me to go back to my tuner Monday to check and reload the programming.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default no clue what boost i'm hitting/holding. still waiting on your pod :)

on apr stage I and do feel some "flutering" someimtes when i WOT. feels like air is sputtering into whatever hose or wherever the air is supposed to go. Thats y i was searching for Jet's T.I.P. was thinking mine was giving up or something.

dont belive it's leaking. i should try dropping it to stock and wot. we'll see. i just cleared it but never tested it. i got about 5k till i go out of warranty
Old 08-26-2006, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default When do you get the 'fluttering' in Stage 1?

When I had stage 1 I had a power drop above 5000rpm what was actually picked up on the dyno. When I went to Stage 1+ software the problem went away.

I don't know if that is the same problem you are getting but if you are holding boost then you don't have a leak. Everyone I spoke to that ever had a leak tells me it is a very obvious condition to feel.

Your pod shipment was delayed as PG ran out of white LEDs for the boost gauge. They got them back in stock and your order should have been shipped Friday.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default fluttering was on and off for me..i assumed it was a hose that was getting old or it was bad gas

cuz i didn't have injectors or it was heat soak. sometimes it would show up, somtimes not that's why i've lived with it and assumed it was because of the above items. this was my first check light due to boost.

didn't even get a cel/engine check light when i blew off a hose near my turbo at about 30k. wondering if that part is acting up.

all good on the pod. waited this long
Old 08-26-2006, 11:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default k, so i got annoyed and wanted to test my car after clearing the code. literally tore a new ***

on the car cuz i wanted that error code to come back. tore it up as best i could. 0-80 as fast as i could from a dead stop and 80+, wot at low/high speeds, etc...nothing. error code did not come back.

58 degrees outside might have helped it breathe better but even then no code.

guess i'll read up on it just in case and do some research as well as prep for a problem...tx for the headsup
Old 08-27-2006, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default If your able to pull fault codes, and clear them, you can log MB 115, right?

That block is RPM, engine load%, requested boost, actual/achieved boost pressure.
Make any other changes or do maintainence before the CEL?
Old 08-27-2006, 05:04 AM

... a fool and his Audi are soon parted.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!!

I have tried many things to try fixing this issue and I've had no luck. The funny thing is my car drives/feels fine, but this code continuously pops up without fail. Here are a list of things I've done so far:

1) Replaced all boost hoses with the high performance Samco hose kit.

3) Checked every clamp within the boost system.

2) Serviced my Hyperboost DV (Cleaned out old grease, and put in new grease.)

3) Replaced stock N75 Wastegate with N75-J.

4) Changed spark plugs to high performance copper plugs.

Any advice from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-27-2006, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Give it a few days...It will come back.

Quick Reply: Help! Checklight came on and pulled the fault codes