A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Help with VAG COM....

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with VAG COM....

I'll keep this as brief as possible.. Today I had my car VAG'd... I met up with a 01 Owner who has done A4's, A6's, and S4's.. We were able to get the auto lock (15MPH) and fog lights to work perfectly.. However, when attempting to open the windows.. the moonroof wouldn't open with it. However the moonroof would close when I close all the windows by the remote. The second problem was the scales. When the door is open, the scales light up.. but when I close the door.. The scales dim with the interior light and then shut off when the interior light shuts off.. Any of you know what's wrong with either the scales or opening the moonroof by remote.. The codes were verified a second and third time and are correct.. Don't know what's wrong... Help me out guys.. Thanks
Old 03-20-2002, 06:44 PM

Default I dont think your supposed to get the roof to open so that sound normal....

We tried a few times also and could not get it to work either.

As far as the scales following the interior lights??? Dont know about that one (kinda cool really) but I know I was able so set mine so that the scales and pointers were lit all the time so I would suggest checking to make sure you got the right code in there.
Old 03-20-2002, 06:52 PM

yeah...pretty sure you can only close moonroof....
Old 03-20-2002, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hmm, here are all the "codes" for the remote functions...

State Bit--Dec.--Function
ON-----0-----1---windows up with remote
ON-----1-----2---windows down with remote
ON-----2-----4---windows up with key in lock
ON-----3-----8---windows down with key in lock
ON-----4----16---sunroof close with remote
OFF----5----32---<b>sunroof open with remote</B>
ON-----6----64---sunroof close with key in lock
OFF----7---128---sunroof open with key in lock

As you can see you are able to program the sunroof to open with the remote. Are you absolutely sure he added all the functions you wanted? I think you just need to add 32 to your current channel 62 adaptation to get it to work. You simply add up the numbers in the third column for all the functions you want and use that number for your adaptation. For example if you wanted EVERYTHING on the "menu" it would be:

+
+
+
+
+
+
+
------

Adapt channel 62 to 255, presto!
Old 03-20-2002, 08:50 PM

Default I just tried this to no avail...

I just tried that and I couldn't get it to work. I thought that was the answer too. So I changed my Adapt Channel to 255 (it was 95), and changed my soft code to 11864. It should work, not quite sure why it doesn't. It does, however, lower and raise all four windows -- just not the sunroof.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 11864? Where did you get that from?...

If you left the main coding as is, and just wanted to turn on the adaptations from channel 62 you would add 64 to 11788 and get 11852. There is nothing with a decimal bit of 12 in the main coding, what coding did you program to get 11864? I would try 11852 and see if the channel 62 items work correctly. Then go back and add or subtract from the main coding to give you other locking functions (for example turn OFF selective locking, -4. New coding=11848).

I did this on a couple '02's and had no problems.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:33 PM

Default From my other options...

Before I tried this, it was 11800 because of the other options I had enabled. Those being:

OFF Bit:2 Dec: 4 Selective locking 1 door/all doors
ON BIT:4 Dec: 16 rear unlocking block via speed

I had done those a few weeks ago bringing me from my original 11788 to 11800, and they worked fine. I just added the 64 (for the remote windows function) to get 11864. Perhaps I should try what you suggest though. Try 11852 (effectively negating the other options I had turned on/off before) to see if it works. But, if it does work, I would wonder why. If it does work, it would seem to mean that one of the other codes I had turned on/off (the two listed above) were conflicting with the remote windows feature. It would be odd if that were the case. I'll give 11852 a try tomorrow.

When is your ETA for your car, btw? Your sig so makes me want to get an Avant.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I see, I didn't know you had already altered the main coding...

it makes more sense now. You're right it theoretically should work either way. Here's something weird I've wondered about. When the car is stock you can roll the windows up and down with the key in the lock, but this shouldn't be possible because you haven't added 64 to turn on the channel 62 options (of which control with key in lock is part of!). How does Audi program that? There may be nuances to the coding not fully laid out by the ross-tech guide.

My Avant is sort of in a holding pattern. I never formally ordered one, I have kind of "gentlemans agreement" to a price over invoice on any Audi I want with a friend at a SoCal dealer, it's just a matter of executing my choice. At this point I was slightly disappointed with a couple things on the US Avants, not to mention the "war" over chipping the '02+ 1.8T that still hasn't played out to a proven resolution. It's never a great idea to purchase in the second half of a model year (the new model year will have a full year less depreciation). So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for CVT w/Quattro next year and I'm folding towards the 3.0 instead of the 1.8T at this point.
Old 03-21-2002, 04:00 AM

Default Have an update.... So what's the final word..

Alright.. I woke up this morning.. and got in the car heading to work.. I was thinking while I was driving.. If I open the door, the scales will light up cause of the interior light.. I was wondering if they'd light up if I manually put the interior light on.. so I pushed the button and bamm.... the scales light up.. What the heck is going on.. As far as the moonroof.. It was 255 that we changed it too.. Which puts everything on.. There's really no way to mistake that.. Not sure about the scales.. but it was checked twice.. GRRRR.. this is frustrating.. I don't like the scales lighting up only when the door opens..
Old 03-21-2002, 06:44 AM

Default I was the one who VAG'ed 2k2_quattro's car -- here's my thought...

As described above, we changed the central convenience coding in channel 62 from the default 11788 to 11880 (added 64 for comfort functions with remote, added 32 for locking at 15MPH, and subtracted 4 to turn off selective unlocking). We also adapted channel 62 from 95 to 255. With the exception of being able to open the sunroof with the remote, everything in this module seems to work fine.

The points and scales don't seem to work as advertised. I went into module 17, adaptation channel 19, and changed it from 11000 to 31000. Here's my question: in Ross-Tech FAQ, under the description of the various modes and the statement that the mode is changed in channel 19, it also has a cryptic line that just says "Adaption 60,61,62". What is this? Do these channels need to be changed too? I went into these three channels but didn't see anything that looked familiar so I didn't modify them.

My only other theory: we also changed the fog lights so they stay on regardless of the low beam status (changed module 9 from 00013 to 00011). As mentioned in the Ross-Tech FAQ, this can affect the lighting status of other things. Perhaps it affected the dash lighting mode? Has anyone successfully changed both the fog lights and the instrument lighting?

Quick Reply: Help with VAG COM....